New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shipped my Cetme to an FFL in another state and it arrived with the buttstock broke at the wrist and the op rod housing damaged.

The good news is that I insured the package for $600. The bad news is that USPS needs a documeneted repair estimate.

Any gunsmith willing to provide a ball park repair estimate based on photos I can email you so that I can submit that estimate to USPS as an insurance claim for the damage?

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Grille Hood Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
A standard replacement stock will be around $50.00 for a US made one. Or you can replace it with a PRS for over $200.00 The install labor for a stock should be no more than $35.00 at any shop.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A standard replacement stock will be around $50.00 for a US made one. Or you can replace it with a PRS for over $200.00 The install labor for a stock should be no more than $35.00 at any shop.
Bpipe95 - are you offering that as a repair estimate in your shop? Any estimate on replacing or repairing the damaged metal?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I need to see a better picture of the damaged metal.

It is just an off the record estimate, my guess is that you will need an official one on letter head.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Not relevant to your request but,damn!!!!
Did they run it over with a truck?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Not relevant to your request but,damn!!!!
Did they run it over with a truck?
Not the first time I have seen this happen. We had a 1903 Springfield that had been fully restored come in and the shipper hand managed to break the stock right at the grip just behind the receiver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts