New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Ahhhhh, NBC's anti-gun rhetoric at work again. I wouldnt call it a report, its going to be just another smear piece like the last one.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
It is perfect for moving targets I just aim and the barrel puts the lead automatically for me!
To put the lead on the other direction I simply turn it around.
...high tech baby!!

G

·
Remington threatens to leave the state if micro-stamping legislation is approved.
Then;
Remington gets attacked by leftist media.
Coincidence? I think not.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Wow the media never questions why he left the gun loaded if we was packing his truck? The first thing I do when I'm done shooting ever if just for a few minutes is unload all the damn guns. Something about this story stinks.

·
I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
Remington threatens to leave the state if micro-stamping legislation is approved.
Then;
Like a corner store in a town run by the mob who didn't pay for protection.

G

·
A little example of NBC's unbiased reporting:

General Motors v. NBC

Dateline NBC aired an investigative report on Tuesday, November 17, 1992, titled "Waiting to Explode". The 60 minute program was about General Motors pickup trucks allegedly exploding upon impact during accidents due to the poor design of fuel tanks. Dateline's film showed a sample of a low speed accident with the fuel tank exploding. In reality, Dateline NBC producers had rigged the truck's fuel tank with remotely controlled model rocket engines to initiate the explosion. The program did not disclose the fact that the accident was staged. GM investigators studied the film, and discovered that smoke actually came out of the fuel tank six frames before impact. GM subsequently filed an anti-defamation/libel lawsuit against NBC after conducting an extensive investigation. On Monday, February 8, 1993, GM conducted a highly publicized point-by-point rebuttal in the Product Exhibit Hall of the General Motors Building in Detroit that lasted nearly two hours after announcing the lawsuit.[6] The lawsuit was settled the same week by NBC, and Jane Pauley read a 3 minute 30 second on-air apology to viewers.

The lawsuit and subsequent settlement was arguably the most devastating blow for NBC in a series of reputation damaging incidents during the 1990s and early 2000s. Within NBC, Michael Gartner, who resigned shortly after the incident, was the source for much of the blame. Then-NBC News President Reuven Frank stated Gartner was hired in 1988, despite no TV news background, in an attempt to satisfy parent-company General Electric by replacing current journalists with cheaper, less experienced reporters and producers.

The following Dateline NBC producers were dismissed: Jeff Diamond, executive producer; David Rummel, senior producer; and Robert Read, producer of the report on the pickups. Michele Gillen, the reporter involved in the segment, was transferred to Miami station WTVJ. Michael G. Gartner, president of the news division, resigned under pressure.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Then;
Dont worry guys......Rem with leave NY...we will surely drive yet another thriving business from our borders. Just a matter of what...being pushed out by anti's,. the taxes, the crazy real estate and labor rules...something will make them realize and move south and provide some other states workers with nice jobs....we will screw it up......NY is constant if nothing else.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
not to denounce the "victim" but i thought the first thing they teach you in fire arms safety is not to lean loaded guns against your car!

hell i think its actualy against the law in most states hunting laws just like it is here in new york (check with dec guys)

what you actually have in this case is a unseasoned hunter making a rookie mistake he is lucky he survived

i want to make it clear we all make mistakes and if you badmouth the kid the gun gods will probably bless you with an accidental
BUT... if he unloaded his firearm while in the field while pointed in a safe direction away from people, animals he did not intend to shoot, or hard surfaces (as to avoid ricochets ) he would have never had this issue to begin with

REMINGTON MADE A HUGE MISTAKE SETTLING THIS CASE
modified trigger group
substandard safety practices used by user which were directly counter indicated on the weapons literature
possible violations of law intended to keep people safe while hunting by user

all i see is user error in this case. is it just me?

if you chambered a 3.5 magnum shell in a old winchester from 1905 and blow your face of can your family sue winchester or olin because the barrel did not say not to use 3.5 inch magnum steel shot rounds?

really when do frivolous law suits end

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
hell i think its actualy against the law in most states hunting laws just like it is here in new york (check with dec guys)
Yup. Having a loaded firearm on a motorized vehicle.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Dateline NBC producers had rigged the truck's fuel tank with remotely controlled model rocket engines to initiate the explosion. The program did not disclose the fact that the accident was staged.
He looks like he's up to no good. He looks black.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts