New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
The article makes mention of the NRA contributing funds to NYS senators to defeat the microstamping bill in 2010. Microstamping is about as useless and as lame as COBIS. The common criminal could easily figure out a way around it -- scratch or deface the microstamp, or pick up spent casings after committing that armed bank robbery. Perhaps criminals will start doing their own reloading, or black market reloaders will surface and sell their ammo underground style.

I'm glad the NRA is wedging their way in and influencing NYS politics, but I have never liked the idea of paying off politicians to accomplish that goal. Sure, it's lobbying, but some day the act of lobbying in the form of "donations" should be outlawed. Decisions on bills etc. should come down to whether or not an elected lawmaker believes the bill is right or wrong, and the implications that it might have on their constituents who voted them into office. It's infuriating that lawmakers make their decisions based on who gives them the most cash. That needs to stop asap. It's legalized bribery. If I'm not allowed to hand a LEO a Franklin when he pulls me over so that I can "influence" his decision on writing my ticket without a high probability of being arrested, then lawmakers are to be brought up on charges for accepting bribes from lobbyists. What politicians are doing is even more shameful than someone bribing a LEO during a traffic stop; the politicians are voting on laws that affect millions.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
This would in no way, shape or form help anyone identify anything!! Unless the stamping was individual to each and every person in the world!! Even then, If I had to have bullets microstamped for me, who would sell them to me?? The govt?? Who's to say that a bullet found at the crime scene wouldn't have been taken from the brass bucket at the gun club and left at the scene?? Who's to say my ammo wasn't stolen? This is all a bunch of crap!!!! Is it illegal to smack a politician in the back of the head and tell them to smarten up??? One good thing to come off this is, it has shown me that the NRA IS actually doing SOMETHING in NY. Even though it's giving our donations to politicians, if paying them off is what it takes to save our ...... wait ...... paying them off??? Just goes to show you that politicians really DON'T do anything unless there's money involved. They don't care about you and me or what's right and what's wrong!! Politicians are greedy SOB's!!! But .... I will now join the NRA.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Everybody is so concerned at how BG's would be able to beat the micro-stamps. But know one ever points out the obvious... This bill only effects semi-auto's.... Not revolvers. And the biggest part that is over looked th BG doesn't care about whether the gun leave micro-stamps or not. The Gun isn't registered to them anyway. So either the BG is going to use a revolver (which doesn't leave casings) or he's going to use a semi thats registered to someone else anyway. My question.... How does this change anything from the way it is now?

Chicken, just to clarify... It's not your ammo that is micro-stamped. It's the firing pin in your semi-auto that leaves the micro-stamp on your casing. So the micro-stamp identifies the gun, which inturn would theoreticly identify the shooter. But as I said above, the BG isn't going to use a gun that is registered to him anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts