New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I applied for the NCPD back in 2012 and recently started the hiring process. They sent me home with a questionnaire about my past and I assume there is going to be a polygraph and I don't intend on lying. I experimented with some grass back in high school but I have no criminal history, and haven't done anything since.

I also plan on applying for my pistol license soon, and this had me thinking if my answers in the questionnaire could affect it.My question is, can I be denied from the pistol licensing process from something that they find in my hiring background process? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Honesty is always the best policy.

Police Departments do not care what you did, they only want to know if you can be trusted.

Pistol Permit, same thing, tell the truth!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
From a recruiter back when I was in the process:

"We don't expect you to be perfect, we expect you to be perfectly honest."

Screwed up in the past but didn't make same mistake again or recently?

Not a problem.

Lie and say you never screwed up?

You're out.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Tell the background investigator the truth...don't try to be perfect then you won't get hired...they will say it is because you have bad credit or something...it is more important that they trust and like you.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
I'd wait to apply for permit until after processing with PD.

Be honest... We all have stuff in our past just be honey about it. Honesty starts with yourself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.