New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you have an Unrestricted Carry and how'd you get it...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not trying to invade privacy...I once met a man at the range near the Coliseum (Mitchel Field?) and he was shooting a 22 rifle....started a conversation and it ends up he had a carry permit but it was a hassle for everything he said so he just gave it back...I would think anyone willing to put in the effort to get one would be able to go through the poop once you have it...that's my reason for OP....

·
Registered
380 Posts
There's a sign on the Nassau county permit office wall behind the counter that says anyone who's non-Leo and wants a full carry needs a letter from the commissioner of police. In other words, almost nobody has one. I've heard that 12 is the number of full carry permits in all of Suffolk.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I got mine in Orange County it came with a list of 'restrictions'....hunting, hiking, fishing or to or from bona fide range...I waited three years and wrote a nice letter to the judge....got an appointment to see him in court and he removed the restrictions...each county is different. Friends in Ulster get Un restricted right out of the box....crazy the hoops and egos involved,,,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts