New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really surprising - prime example in the WH, celebrities political views taken as resulting from thoughtful reasoning (WTF??? - they CAN"T think), demanding $15/hr for asking "Do you want fries with that?" - the list goes on and on.

And, although this is from an American's research, no this wasn't printed in any US scandal sheets (they all are), but in The Telegraph in UK. The UK may be a left-wing nanny state, but their press seems to have more integrity and desire to illuminate what's happening than the US rags.

And frankly, IMHO, it's one of many reasons why the US in the messed up state we presently see.

Are we more narcissistic than ever before? - Features - Health & Families - The Independent

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I KNOW EVERYTHING bout that..

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I agree completely. Half the population is self absorbed looking for ways to post crap on Facebook to make themselves look like something they are not. There was a time when if you wanted to donate to a charity you just did and it was considered uncouth to take credit for your generosity. Now giving anything has to be a public spectacle of dumping water on your head.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I agree completely. Half the population is self absorbed looking for ways to post crap on Facebook to make themselves look like something they are not. There was a time when if you wanted to donate to a charity you just did and it was considered uncouth to take credit for your generosity. Now giving anything has to be a public spectacle of dumping water on your head.
Boy you sure hit the nail on the head with that statement ! It's amazing how far we have fallen by the some of the use of social media these days . It was said that there are now people that literally go nuts if they can't post things daily on Facebook ! I would rather be in the backyard sling lead than looking at the screen !

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Almost missed this thread. It was covered by my face skyping to myself.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
I love myself, I think I'm grand..
When I go to the movies I hold my own hand..
I put my arm around my waist..
and when I get fresh, I slap my face..

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
And this is how the Republic dies. It happened to the Greek city states and it happened in Rome. When the citizenry care more about their own pleasure and over-indulged self interest instead of their country, that is when things break down and ultimately collapse.

"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself within. The essential causes of Rome's decline lay in her people, her morals, her class struggle, her failing trade, her bureaucratic despotism, her stifling taxes, her consuming wars."
-Will Durant (1885-1981) from Caesar and Christ

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I would've read the whole article but I wanted to take another selfie.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts