New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The End of America: A Letter of Warning to a Young Patriot, Wolf takes a historical look at the rise of fascism, outlining the 10 steps necessary for a fascist group (or government) to destroy the democratic character of a nation-state and subvert the social/political liberty previously exercised by its citizens:

1. Invoke a terrifying internal and external enemy.
2. Create secret prisons where torture takes place.
3. Develop a thug caste or paramilitary force not answerable to citizens.
4. Set up an internal surveillance system.
5. Harass citizens' groups.
6. Engage in arbitrary detention and release.
7. Target key individuals.
8. Control the press.
9. Treat all political dissidents as traitors.
10. Suspend the rule of law.

The book details how this pattern was implemented in Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy, and elsewhere, and analyzes its emergence and application in American political affairs since the September 11 attacks.

Wolf is a graduate of Yale and a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford

Its about an hour long but its pretty good

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fixed

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey at least somebody was paying attention! I thought nobody would really watch it. Errrrrrr, I hoped at least somebody would . Pretty interesting really

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like they have 9 out of 10. :(
Pretty much have # 10 too, if ya count that they are never held accountable for any wrong doing

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im going to bump this because I feel it needs to be looked at.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Watched this in it's entirety, and it was worth watching. Overall it is fairly accurate, but is obviously dated (premiered in 2008), and has little to say about the assault on the Republic by Democrats, before or after George W. Bush; namely the Waco and Ruby Ridge episodes are ignored. It is a grand example of "Bush did it", although I'm the first to agree that if Bush hadn't pushed and signed The Patriot Act and other Stalinist type laws, BHO wouldn't be where he is today, with the level of autonomy he seems to enjoy. It's all cumulative - I'll vote for the first guy who says he will issue an Executive Order abolishing ALL previous Executive Orders.

While I agree with the 10 steps (+/- a few), believing the arguments of someone whose latest tome is "Vagina: A New Biography", offers the idea that the Occupy movement was targeted by the FBI, and blogs that Snowden may be a provocateur whose "...emphases seem to serve an intelligence/police state objective, rather than to challenge them." (see her blogs) caused me to be more critical. The Occupy Movement was organized by long standing leftist/statists, was heavily organized at the street level by SEIU thugs, and was generally a "flash mob" of large scale and scope. Watch the video "Occupy Unmasked" (on Netflix free) and judge for yourself.

Having studied totalitarian govts as a "hobby" (mostly Nazi Germany) as a vocation for almost 50 years, there are factual errors (please correct me if I am wrong), as well as only rare mention of the methods of Stalin, who was probably a "greater" psychopath/sociopath than Hitler and, in total was responsible for the death of more people. They may be others:

a) IIRC Goebbels didn't directly remove any judges (and lawyers), they were culled slowly (except for Jews and outright opponents) and surely by the Nazis. Goebbels, other than Propaganda Minister had only one position of power, Gauleiter of Berlin. Judges and lawyers ideologically "unsatisfactory" to the Nazis WERE either removed or scared into "doing the right thing", but not directly by Goebbels, other than through his speechs. Hitler wanted this done, and just had to mention it to Goebbels, Rosenberg, Streicher, whoever, and it filtered down through the Nazi bureacracy; it was termed "working towards the Fuhrer".

b) there was no Nazi organization named "Schwarzwasser" that I can find anywhere, or have ever heard of.

Overall it's an interesting flick, but I find no equivalent indictment of BHO on Ms. Wolfe's blogs in the last few months, and that would be justly deserved if the point of this film was fairness and a depiction of our slide into a totalitarian state.

Lastly, no mention of the 2nd Amendment is found, although in various forms (including a T shirt), people are supossed to fight a tyrannical government. In the absence of this I surmise harsh language should get the job done.

My $0.02, and probably worth less.

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree a lot with what your saying, but dont miss the forest for the trees here. Like you said it was a dated peice during the reign of George the younger
And if you look at the meat and potatos of what she is saying ,its hard to dispute the parrellels between modern day USA and the emergence of fashism in other states.

I think the most important thing she points out is the 10 steps how it was done in the past . The trampling of the constitution, and the similarities of what is happening in the US today.

I certainly dont agree with everything this woman writes , but I thought she had some good insight into whats happening in the US.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts