New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, back in July 2013 I had started the process of getting my carry concealed permit for Niagara County. Everything was moving along smooth and I was bound to get my permit by Christmas. Turned out that one of my references sent back the questionnaire without answering any of the questions. Ugh. So here we are August 2014 and she finally stated that she answered the questions correctly and mailed it back last Monday. So I'm hoping when I make that call to the pp office tomorrow, they received her packet and everything can go forward and ill have this permit in a couple weeks!

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Just one more infringement to the 2A. That sucks that a minor clerical error not by you is holding you up. 3 of my 4 references were CCW holders, so they understood the importance. FUAC!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, only 1 of mine was a CCW holder and had no issues with him. But, the person who the problem was with was the person I should've been able to rely on the most out of all 4 of them.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I feel your pain I had to change a reference because they thought the questionnaire was BS which it is, and refused to fill it out that took around 6 months on top of that all my reference forms were lost somewhere between the PP bureau and my local PD which took another 3 months to get them all redone and mailed in to be honest il be happy if it goes through before 2015. But back to your situation I'm sure they'll have received it good luck!

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
My comments are more to help the next guy..,..

Imo you need better references.

Also, you should have collected ALL the paper work, looked it over, then submitted it.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I chose my references VERY carefully. They were 4 people that I KNEW would not screw me over. It's too important to give that responsibility to just anybody. Three of my four had pistol permits. Actually one had me a little worried because it was Doc8404 and he is very jealous of my hair, as I am 17 years older than him and he is going bald and my hair just keeps getting thicker.................LMAO

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wanted to change the reference but they wouldnt allow me. Also, I wouldnt have been able to submit everything as they said the reference packets and questionaire were not allowed to be looked at and turned in by the applicant (me). Being this was in Niagara County, most of the people I know are located in Erie County. So, I had a limited selection as to who I could choose. But, the 4 people I did select, should have come through better than they actually did (only had the problem with 1 of the 4).

Heres an update as to what happened today:

I called to see if everything was now good to go to be reviewed and sent to the judge. And I get told that it'll be 1-2 years for a hearing. I ask what the hearing is for and they say for a previous arrest. I have NEVER been arrested in my life, nothing close to it. So after explaining that to them and them realizing it was a mistake on their end, they are reviewing it all and getting back to me. I'm calling again Thursday if I don't hear anything.

I'm just sitting here waiting to go to the store lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Talked to the clerk today. Sounds like all my stuff was sent up to the judge! Finally. Shouldn't be long before I make that shopping trip :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
You guys can mail that in? Here they make us hand deliver after references fill out a 5 page packet and get it notarized. I used a county legislator, prison guard, judge and police officer and they still called all 4, swore them in and re-questioned them. then they made me wait another 2 months... turns out those 4 unrelated people might have gotten those positions just to let evil people use them as gun permit references!!!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
My comments are more to help the next guy..,..

Imo you need better references.

Also, you should have collected ALL the paper work, looked it over, then submitted it.
For my wives permit, We chose people who would turn them over quickly, once one of them contacted us and said he got his I contacted all the rest and said you will get your this week, fill them out and please mail that day or I can pick up and mail. all but one took care of it asap. the one that did not took 2 additional contacts till I finally got a copy from clerk and hand delivered and put back in mail. So as stated chose your reference carefully

·
Registered
832 Posts
I had a dinner party and all 4 of mine and wives referances filled them out right in front of me at the same time and handed them to me. quick and easy and all I had to do was make some ribs!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts