New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this is my little plinker so far right now.

Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

Sorry! Cell phone camera's suck I'm waiting till black friday for a decent DSLR.

Tapco T6 Quad Rail, stock is blind pinned in two locations. Stock trigger (ick), triple Ruger OEM mags, MagPul flip ups, Tactical Solutions mag release, Tuffer Buffer, EOTech 552.a65(Till I get some glass for it, been looking at a Meuller APV), and a interestingly glossy heavy Ruger brand bull barrel, generic UTG bipod. Lot's of fun to shoot! Eat's everything, Remmington bulk pack has the random FTF's (bad pimers)...fun!!

Right by the trigger/grip on the ground is a little toolset I randomly found\selected that fits in the handle. I need to grind down a couple of bits so it's a takedown "punch" too.

Shoots nicely, but it's super front heavy and so I'm not in love with how it handles at all.

I have a few bucks left on my Sig 522, so that's going to be my tacticool rifle. I'm thinking more along the lines of getting a nice Hogue stock for the Ruger. Might be a bit nicer balance.

Just thought I'd share. Better pics eventually!

· Head Fapper
1,219 Posts
Damn nice optic for a 10/22.

Nice rifle man! I too had issues w/ the Remington bulk pack for cycling, but it wasn't frequent.

· Registered
5,426 Posts
I like tactical but on a .22 thats just crazy!

lol, I hope that optic wasn't bought just for the 10/22, that's ALOT to spend on that thing. I never got into tacticooling my .22s, I wanted to but I got a Savage Model 64F semi auto, not much you can do with that and I don't want to buy a 10/22 lol

That thing looks scary though, I bet at the range people expect it to be alot more noise and power.

· Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Meh...way too tactical for my taste
Yep, I agree, I blatantly miss it in it's wood stock that it came in.

Cossey\DystrucktoBoi: No, the optics home will be on a monolithic railed AR when I can finally get one together. Doing a lightweight AR for the wife first though (different story!).

I got a good deal on the Eotech so I had to get it. I have a random TruGlo somewhere don't worry :)

Like I said, it's gonna get untactical'd soon, that's the Sig 522's job!

Yeah it get's lot's of extra looks at the range. It looks like it has a much bigger bark haha!

· Registered
14,520 Posts
To each his own. I love 10/22's, and they are an under estimated firearm. I have a couple myself.

· Registered
9,724 Posts
Nice start!! Now ... the front heaviness is a GOOD thing IF you're gonna shoot competitions. :) Get that puppy up to around 13-15lbs and you'll never have it so easy holding still while shooting from the standing position. The Houge overmold is a nice stock and you'll probably like that better. Put the bi-pod on it and go!! Also look at Boyd's Stocks as well, but the Hogue is the least expensive and is a nice upgrade from the original stock. Nice gun!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.