New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just reassembled it and the first thing that went wrong is the rod that the spring is on (under the barrel) stuck out like an inch from the end. I pulled the slide back to disassemble and the thing just froze solid. I haven't tried hitting it with anything other than my hand, but the slide will not move either direction. The barrel slid back with the slide as you can see in the pics. I am pretty freaked, just bought this 2 months ago and have used it maybe 5 times. Anyone know what I can try next? I am not very knowledgable in pistols, this is my first one and I have only done the basic breakdown prior to this. Thanks.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Gas Surveillance camera Trigger Wood Gas Gun barrel Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Composite material

·
Registered
4,994 Posts

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Having worked on a few p series guns, my very first guess is that the cam block on the recoil spring assembly wasn't aligned properly with the lug on the barrel, and it may have dropped out of lock. This is basically the problem that is solved with the solution in the thread gunner posted. Second guess (and possibly even more likely), is that the recoil spring might be bound. Could have been put it backwards. Most people don't realize there is a backwards in the P series, since the diameter difference is so slight, and a bind happens often accordingly. However, I'm not certain this is even true of the p95 specifically. Third guess, it might be stuck on the ejector which you have push down during takedown. I've had that one happen myself when it wasn't pushed down far enough to lock in its downward position.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts