New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I give you my newly completed PSA "budget" build (that had the Magpul catalog throw up on it. LOL)

Details:
PSA Lower
PSA Premium Lower LPK
PSA Upper w/ Mid 16" LW CHF FN 1/7" Barrel
PSA Bolt / Carrier
BCM Mod4 Gunfighter Charging Handle
YHM Phantom 5M2 Muzzle Brake
Magpul CTR Foliage Stock
Magpul MIAD Foliage Grip
Magpul MOE Foliage Mid Length Handguard
Magpul Gen2 Foliage MBUS
Magpul ASAP
Primary Arms Multi-Reticle M3 Clone
Saavy Sniper QUAD Sling w/ HK Hooks
Pre-ban 30rnd Magazine w/ Magpul Ranger Plates

I think that's it. I'm pleased with how it went together and how it feels. Now I just need to give it a shake down on the range.

·
Registered
353 Posts
What do you mean by "budget" if you don't mind me askin? And how's the mod4 charging handle? Bout to order one. Good lookin rifle!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do you mean by "budget" if you don't mind me askin? And how's the mod4 charging handle? Bout to order one. Good lookin rifle!
I could of bought all high dollar parts, but for my first build I went for what I think are still quality parts at a lower price point (but not cheap crap) that will still get the job done and give me good service.

I like the charging handle. It's out there just enough to be useful but not so far to stab you in the gut when the rifle is hanging.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I could of bought all high dollar parts, but for my first build I went for what I think are still quality parts at a lower price point (but not cheap crap) that will still get the job done and give me good service.

I like the charging handle. It's out there just enough to be useful but not so far to stab you in the gut when the rifle is hanging.
HaHa. Not your personal definition of "budget" I was wondering what you paid. I was looking at the PSA website and complete rifles seem to be priced fairly well....but I guess I could just go look at the site for that rifle.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HaHa. Not your personal definition of "budget" I was wondering what you paid. I was looking at the PSA website and complete rifles seem to be priced fairly well....but I guess I could just go look at the site for that rifle.
Oh... LOL

Just the rifle itself w/o the sights, sling, mags, shipping or FFL fees, was ~$850. Their rifle kits are priced nice but sometimes you can't get all the options you want, so this build was a complete upper, a stripped lower and one of their premium lower build kits which got me where I wanted to be.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Nice looking rifle I have all psa parts in my rifles lower and everything seems to be good quality so im sure the upper parts are just as good

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm very interested in knowing how you like the sling. I've been thinking of getting one, but I don't know anyone that has one. If you get the chance I would love to know how it feels after you get a chance to use it for a while.

Sweet looking rifle by the way. I'm helping my friend look for his first AR, so I will have to send him here to take a look at yours.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm very interested in knowing how you like the sling. I've been thinking of getting one, but I don't know anyone that has one. If you get the chance I would love to know how it feels after you get a chance to use it for a while.
First impressions are that I like it. It's easy to adjust and go from 1 to 2 point. I ordered it from an online dealer, but in retrospect I probably should of ordered it from the owner as he will custom make them to your measurements. It works well but I wish it was just a little shorter so I could get it tighter to my body when hanging and cinched down. I'm 5'7" the stock version would probably work better for someone 5'10"-6'. I have the HK hook version and it doesn't work very well with the front Magpul sling attachment (it's hard to get the hook on due to angle). I'll probably swap that out for a short piece of rail and a MI HK loop.

·
Registered
49 Posts
looks great. I like the OD/Black combo. My partner is going to run his home built PSA lower with Spikes upper through a police firearms instructor school. If the carbine holds up in that environment, id say the PSA setup is a high value setup.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I've had about 600 rounds through mine with no issues at all other than a junk magazine, but I'm using a dpms titanium nitrate bolt carrier group.

A friend of mine has had over 1k rounds of tulammo throu his complete psa build and hasn't had an issue at all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts