New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My story.. I had a few MINOR violations on my record. ( Misdameanors ) when I was a Teenager/ Young adult. Iv waited a while (Now 27) to apply for my permit.. Iv wanted to for years.

Called 6/24/14 ( To Get Appointment )
Had Appointment 8/26/14 ( Fingerprints )
Sheriffs Home Visit 10/29/2014
Email from Judge Kehoe 12/12/14 ( TODAY )

Today I got an email from Judge Kehoe telling me that he reviewed my application and Granted my UNRESTRICTED PERMIT!

Hopefully next week i will have it in the mail.. !!

Just thought id Share my experience . Also let others know my Timeline.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Carry on wayward son. :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree i was Nervous about them seeing a few minor infractions 7-8 Years ago.. and using them against me. But they didn't and throughly check all my references. It still felt like a really long process.. but I'm just glad that i got my UNRESTICED permit.

Good for you, from what I've been hearing that's an odd occurance lately.
Congrats.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Titan
Congradulations on the UNRESTRICTED PERMIT, Now it SHOPPING TIME. What's on the short list for your carry gun, I suggest the S&W 642, Great little pocket revolver for around $400. Any you do know every pistol permit holder NEEDS A 1911!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Well over 50 years of absolutely no issues with the law, home owner, business owner, multiple property owner, Westchester county resident... Crap I got one wrong. No full carry.

Good luck to you. Be safe.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Get an AR pistol lol

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Well over 50 years of absolutely no issues with the law, home owner, business owner, multiple property owner, Westchester county resident... Crap I got one wrong. No full carry.

Good luck to you. Be safe.
I can relate. I'll never qualify for an unrestricted permit in the county where I pay insane property taxes, either. Just living in Westchester is the only strike against us that really matters.

We'll have to live vicariously through those who live in the freer counties in the not-so-great state of New York.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I can relate. I'll never qualify for an unrestricted permit in the county where I pay insane property taxes, either. Just living in Westchester is the only strike against us that really matters.

We'll have to live vicariously through those who live in the freer counties in the not-so-great state of New York.
It's sickening that you have to look at an unrestricted permit as an unattainable freedom just because you live in a different part of the state.
It's also sick that we are even having this conversation.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Congrats! Much faster than mine it took 8 months just to get my fingerprints done! For carry i have the 642 but i hate how all revolver's cylinders dig into my hip. Check out the S&W Shield in 9 or 40. Love that gun, first things first though get night sights! m&p sights blow.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Titan
Congradulations on the UNRESTRICTED PERMIT, Now it SHOPPING TIME. What's on the short list for your carry gun, I suggest the S&W 642, Great little pocket revolver for around $400. Any you do know every pistol permit holder NEEDS A 1911!!!!!!!
I already Purchased a HK VP9. I also purchased a Training pistol in the same size as my VP9 which iv been carrying to pratice carrying it in a Stealth Gear onxy holster. IWB. Im now bidding ( GunBroker.com) a Springfeild XDS 4" .

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Nice! I heard Wayne County liked to issue restrictions (I used to live there). Plenty of land to shoot out there. Just don't perforate any apple trees.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice! I heard Wayne County liked to issue restrictions (I used to live there). Plenty of land to shoot out there. Just don't perforate any apple trees.
Haha . yes a lot of apple trees. And from what iv been hearing lately that Judge Kehoe has been giving out Unrestricted and long as you list a reason. The reason doesn't have to be Security Guards or something of that nature.. I listed that i carry large sums of cash for work.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts