New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

My last car of almost 12 years and 177k miles finally called it quits last week (so to speak - it would cost more to fix than it was worth). My 2001 Volvo S60 got me a whole $700 in trade and rolled in on fumes, with transmission, ignition, ABS and traction control problems. This winter has been awful and this car sucks in the snow.

So, when all is said and done, I wind up with my new (to me) ride - a 2013 Nissan Xterra S. Of course, now I want nothing but to customize the hell out of it... bull bars, fog lights, step bars, trailer hitch, off-road bumpers, etc. Oh, and this too since it has an on-board first aid kit... Amazon.com : Left 4 Dead Health Pack : Other Products : Toys & Games

Anyway, here's the first pic now that it's home. I will say that red is one of my least favorite colors, but considering the local lot of used Xterra's, this one was far and away the best deal, so I went with it. And, really, it's not THAT red.

Fingers crossed I made a good choice. First purchases are a cargo privacy cover, cargo area organizer and some weather tech floor mats.

Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Land vehicle

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Join an xterra forum. I got the 1.5 gen. Engine sucks, mpg sucks, but kicks some serous a$$ in the snow. The 2nd gens are nice. Really wish I got one of those but that wasn't in the cards.
actually found one today. haven't joined yet. will prolly lurk around for a bit first. these forums are tough on my wallet. who wants another Mosin? who wants to buy more bulk ammo? Hey! Lets all buy SKS's and Saigas....

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
You have the locking rear diff - 5 speed auto or 6 speed manual?
Auto. The dealer didn't have a 6-speeds to try so I didn't want to go out on a limb. I've only driven Jeep Wranglers and cars in manual so wasn't sure what a truck would be like. I have to admit, it is much easier to "set it and forget it" when driving loL.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
saw a couple of PRO-4X's around, but all were either sold or price was out of reach. I've never leased before and not sure if I want to.
It's nice to turnover; however, I'm doing more mileage so likely won't continue. That and you have to be careful what you change or atleast you want to get your stuff off.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Good luck with the new ride.

I had one as a rental and took it out on the beach and man I couldn't get it stuck so they are good in terrain for sure.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.