New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Did some shooting today, did not go well I have a bruised lung right under my shoulder so every time I moved or raised my shoulder it felt like I was getting stabbed.
Managed to get a respectable 5" 8 shot group at 25 yards.
Having small arms is nice, I can get my arms all the way forward and the blast from the cylinder gap still doest touch me. I manged to get my thunmb on top of the rubber grip so it almost puts me on the bore axis for recoil control.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Is it a S&W 627 Pro in 4 inch? Is it to be a range gun, competition, or something else? I like it anyway, have to like an eight shot revolver.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it a S&W 627 Pro in 4 inch? Is it to be a range gun, competition, or something else? I like it anyway, have to like an eight shot revolver.
5 inch, I will probably use it in USPSA production class and take some CCW classes with it for ****s and giggles.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Nice. No matter how much pain a man is in, we always find the strength to pull a trigger.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Nice. I like those slabside looks on the newer models. One thing I thought was interesting was how good you mentioned the trigger was in your other thread about it. You must have gotten a good one, because honestly I have been extremely disappointed with the factory triggers on all of the newer S&Ws I've played with. That even includes all the PC stuff. To be fair, I'm sort of (maybe more than 'sort of') an OCD nut about triggers, but I truly believe that even the PC guns coming out of the factory aren't as good as what used to be even general production quality. Anyway, that's neither here nor there I suppose, and just being grumpy about the present and past, because certainly they are best of what is in current production.

The now out of production pre-lock (*crying*) 627 PC Stainless V-Comp has looooong since been on my 'dream guns' list.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
5 inch, I will probably use it in USPSA production class and take some CCW classes with it for ****s and giggles.
are you going to join us at WNYPPL? or do you already and I just don't' know who your real identity is?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
are you going to join us at WNYPPL? or do you already and I just don't' know who your real identity is?
I am a member of tonawanda sportsmans club, I showed up for a practice session once to look around. School kept me busy, but yes I am planning on joining.
Sadly there is no steel/Icore around here so I have to relegate myself to production division.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
I am a member of tonawanda sportsmans club, I showed up for a practice session once to look around. School kept me busy, but yes I am planning on joining.
Sadly there is no steel/Icore around here so I have to relegate myself to production division.
Blasdell is running steel on tuesdays and thursdays.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ha I love this forum! PM me the details please?

Edit: do you have to be a member to particapate in steel matches?

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Not normally a fan of revolvers, but is sure seems you get a lot of "bullets in that wheel"! Cool gun! :D

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Nice Gun!! Love those S&W revolvers. But I don't see a "TOY" anywhere. Sorry, somebody had to say it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts