New York Firearms Forum banner

My new Citori

Tags
citori
1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  guygus3516 
#1 ·
This weekend my dad gifted me his '90s era Browning Citori, Lightning Sporting Clays edition. It is in almost perfect condition. Despite shooting it a lot at Outlet and GCL, it was rubbed down after every use and gently put away in its case. I've found two tiny scratches on the stock, otherwise it looks like it just came out of the factory.

I am stunned at the beauty and craftmanship in this gun. The bluing is nothing short of stunning. If it shoots 1% as well as it looks, I'll be very very happy.

Dad doesn't shoot anymore, and I am interested in getting into trap/skeet/SCs. I will shoot the snot out of this gun, and take just as good care of it as he did. I will never ever sell it, and hope to pass it on to my son one day.

Pictures will be added tonight or tomorrow when I get a chance to take out the camera. Feel free to share any thoughts or stories about your Citoris.

#3 ·
I'm still in the market for a great O/U that I can pass down to my son someday. Cherish it.

(I'm working on my wife's cousin to sell me her late husband's ("uncle Glenn") Winchester O/U that I remeber shooting with him back in the early '90s. Not so much the gun but it was his. Shotguns are meant to be kept within the family. RIP uncle Glenn, you were the best and you're missed dearly).

#4 ·
Pictures will be added tonight or tomorrow when I get a chance to take out the camera. Feel free to share any thoughts or stories about your Citoris.
I had to REALLY read this sentence a few times. And now I am disappointed. Ladies. :O

#5 ·
Got the Citori out to Outlet last week and shot one round of trap to try it out. Outlet is great, I love their setup and I will definitely become a member and spend some time there. One of the other trap boys shot against me, and I'm told by my girlfriend who was watching that he seemed pretty irritated I was outshooting him my first time out. I wasn't counting but would estimate I hit 16 or 17 out of 25.

The Citori was very nice. I did find that it was hitting my cheek bone when I fired, which resulted in it being a bit sore for a few days. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but this is the first gun that has done this. Recoil was a bit more than with my 870, but I suspect that is due to the lack of a rubber buttpad, and me shooting with just a t-shirt between me and the gun. The gun handled very well, and it felt very natural.

Pictures!

#9 ·
Got the Citori out to Outlet last week and shot one round of trap to try it out. Outlet is great, I love their setup and I will definitely become a member and spend some time there. One of the other trap boys shot against me, and I'm told by my girlfriend who was watching that he seemed pretty irritated I was outshooting him my first time out. I wasn't counting but would estimate I hit 16 or 17 out of 25.

The Citori was very nice. I did find that it was hitting my cheek bone when I fired, which resulted in it being a bit sore for a few days. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but this is the first gun that has done this. Recoil was a bit more than with my 870, but I suspect that is due to the lack of a rubber buttpad, and me shooting with just a t-shirt between me and the gun. The gun handled very well, and it felt very natural.
Find a shop that handles high end shotguns and see if they have a person who can fit the gun to you. The length of pull may need to be tweaked a little. Many trap guns have an adjustable comb, obviously your gun does not. You may need someone to help adjust your head position and where you have the butt on your shoulder.

Good luck with the gun.

#11 ·
ScotchMan ....." I did find that it was hitting my cheek bone when I fired, which resulted in it being a bit sore for a few days. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but this is the first gun that has done this."

You may be leaning your head over the gun which is common for newer trap shooters. Try lifting your shoulders to force the gun higher up and not let your face lay on top of it, but rather next to it. I never have recoil problems as far as my shoulder goes if my positioning there is correct. Make sure every shot is in perfect position all around. I have had to ice my face after shooting, but thats after close to a thousand round week and a few to many improperly positioned shots during it. I am still a "beginner" in trap but shoot three days a week and am learning fast. If anything hurts to much its because of my form and the gun teaches me a lesson quickly. I shoot 20+ consistently and have since I started a few months ago. I think that is not a trap gun its a sporting clays gun, but I actually shoot with a sporting clays gun myself. Work fine! Beautiful gun you have there, glad your dad handed it down to you.That thing is MINT! Your gonna be hooked on shooting clays now. Use it in good health and happy shooting to you! May all your clays turn to dust!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.