New York Firearms Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've purchased another handgun on GunBroker, and tried to have my FFL send his info, but was informed that he had passed away. This was Robert Haak, in Marion, who for years has been charging me $15, and $10 for any additional guns. Great guy. My guns always did come out of his shop smelling a little bit like cigarette smoke, though.

I'm now hoping to find a low-cost FFL transfer dealer in the Monroe County/Wayne County area. I live in Penfield on 441/Penfield Road, very close to the Wayne County line. However, that house caught fire on November 1, and we've been living in Brighton in a rental while we wait for a new house to be constructed on our Penfield property (still waiting for the first construction vehicle to arrive on scene, after many frustrating months of delays.) Anyway, the drive to Marion from Penfield was long, but fast, and would take me less than 15 minutes on a good day (12 min. once when I timed myself.)

When I do a search on this site for FFL, I get zero results, which I know cannot be true. I'd love to know who everyone else uses. I know I don't want to use Pro-Gun in Victor, nor Custom Shop in Wayne County (who I'd drive right past to get to Bob's in Marion.) They're what I consider BIG DOLLAR shops, when it comes to transfers.

The clock is ticking, because I've already purchased this gun, and the seller is waiting for my FFL info.

Thanks!

Scott in Brighton (temporarily)
Hey Scott,
That was my Dad you were talking about in Marion. I appreciate the kind words. He was the best. I really miss him and his FFL. He never charged people very much. I am trying to find some around Penfield that doesn't rob me.
Any suughestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bob Haak Jr.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hey Scott,
That was my Dad you were talking about in Marion. I appreciate the kind words. He was the best. I really miss him and his FFL. He never charged people very much. I am trying to find some around Penfield that doesn't rob me.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bob Haak Jr.
He was absolutely one of the good guys!
Sorry, but I moved away from Penfield to Arizona over 4 years ago, Constitutional carry beats "please, sir, may I have another?"

My problem in NY was that I was buying strange cheap guns, like my Libia .25ACP "Baby Browning" clone (not really a clone mechanically) and adding an extra $30 or $40 to the price made them illogical purchases. I found a cheap guy here in AZ, but he's an old, retired guy (I'm almost 60, so when I think someone's "old" they're probably well past 70.) I hope he lives a good long time, in case I get some spending money for guns again someday.

My dad passed away (one of the reasons I was able to leave NY) and now I have his Winchester Model 1892 in 44-40, and his Marlin 39A takedown 22lr lever action. As soon as I got here I bought a CETME (Century 308) and a "real" AR, an Aero Precision mid-length. I don't get out shooting as often as I'd like, but I recently found a stash (toolbox full) of pistol ammo that was misplaced when we arrived here, pretty valuable find in today's market!!

Scott in Snowflake AZ

Reactions: Owl Man
21 - 25 of 25 Posts