New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got done registering for my permit class, which will be April 29th for all those keeping track at home. Who knows how long after that I actually get a permit. :(

Anywho I'm new to it all and can't wait to get started.

Anyone have any idea of wait times in Chaut. County?

TIMELINE
4/29/12 - NYS Pistol Permit Class
6/18/12 - *Scheduled* Appointment to Drop off Paperwork (called to schedule roughly 4/16, so that means about 8 week wait)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I called the Sheriff's office to see when it is appropriate to schedule my appointment to drop my paperwork, pay fees, and have everything else done. Well the helpful woman that I spoke with let me know that she is already scheduling appointments in June! The earliest date that she had was the 18th, so I took it.

So I take my class and then have to wait another 6ish weeks until I can even file my paperwork.

The only good thing is that I hope to get my permit around the time of my birthday in 2013, meaning that I will be getting a nice 35th birthday present!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My class is Sunday, I'm looking quite forward to getting the process going. It is going to suck going to the class and then waiting till mid June to turn everything in. Think that the office would be annoyed if I called back and told them that I could/would take any appointment cancellations?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I took my class back on 1/29, had my appointment on 3/14 and was told wait is 6-8 months. Betty at the clerks office is real nice and said if I dont hear anything at the 6 month point to give her a call. So now I wait.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Congrats alexe.

I still can't believe what some of you guys have to go thru for a pistol permit.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I called and talked to Betty today, as I mentioned before I turned in my application June 18th (a bit over 4 months ago), and she let me know that she hasn't even got a chance to process my file yet. :( She reaffirmed that I have a 7-9 month wait.

They need to get her an assistant or something.

The waiting continues...

·
Registered
71 Posts
a friend of mine handed his in at the end of january in chat. county and just this past saturday did his references get the paperwork from the ppo to fill out.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
a friend of mine handed his in at the end of january in chat. county and just this past saturday did his references get the paperwork from the ppo to fill out.
My references had a form that they filled out and signed that they already turned in, they actually sent them all prior to me getting finger printed? Is there another form that they have to get?

·
Registered
61 Posts
My references had a form that they filled out and signed that they already turned in, they actually sent them all prior to me getting finger printed? Is there another form that they have to get?
No. I have no idea what that guy is talking about.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Last month was 6 months for me so I called to check up and found out Jamestown never returned my background check. Betty said she would resubmit it right away. I called on Monday to check up on things and she said she just got the background check back and it should only be a few more weeks before I hear something. Betty told me the day I handed mine in it would be a 6-8 month wait and if i didnt hear anything at 6 months to give her a call. So far everything is right on schedule to what she said. Is it longer than what I would like, yes, but what can you do.

·
Registered
132 Posts
.Hi, I live on Charlotte center rd. in the town of charlotte And transferring from Erie county. I need to find the clerks office! and get a transfer form, do they have credit card style? And then ask them how to shed those pesky restrictions

·
Registered
26 Posts
.Hi, I live on Charlotte center rd. in the town of charlotte And transferring from Erie county. I need to find the clerks office! and get a transfer form, do they have credit card style? And then ask them how to shed those pesky restrictions
Just down the road from you in gerry.
The clerks office is in Mayville court house rear building
Don't have my permit yet (still waiting) but they are plastic now.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts