New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in the past couple of months, I was searching Dick's website and came across their Hunter's gear guide and scrolling through I found they had a deal on Savage rimfire rifles. The deal was you can get it in these three calibers. .17HMR, .22LR and the .22MAG. They all came with a heavy fluted barrel, Accutrigger, 3-9x40 cheap scope and a olive drab synthetic stock for $249. So I have been looking for some heavy barrel rimfires and looking for the Accutrigger, so I bought one of each caliber:D Then I gave Boyd's a call and here they are:

Before:

Here they are now with Boyd's stocks:

.17 HMR with the Tacticool:

.22 LR with Ross RVT in nutmeg:

.22 MAG with Target Hunter in pepper:

All the stocks fit PERFECTLY. No modifications needed. The quality is second to none. The Tacticool has the best feel and grip of the three. Sure beats the factory stock which are for sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested;)

James

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is the deal still goin on???
It ended Saturday. Being that it is hunting season, they will most likely have better deals within the weeks coming. Check out the website and click on the "weekly circular" at the top of the page. That is the only way you will find guns listed on the website.

James

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
I was in Henrietta Dicks yesterday and the had one for $239 (.17HMR)
Justin - you spend way too much time in gun shops. I think you may have a problem! ;)

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was in Henrietta Dicks yesterday and the had one for $239 (.17HMR)
Was it the heavy barrel with scope? They may have forgotten to take the sale tag off. Usually if the sale is over and the sale tag is still on, they will honor that price.

James

·
Registered
868 Posts
Was it the heavy barrel with scope? They may have forgotten to take the sale tag off. Usually if the sale is over and the sale tag is still on, they will honor that price.

James
Yeah it was the heavy barreled one with the scope. only reason i noticed was because my buddy was all bent he bought one a few months back from there for more $$. But even at 249 there real nice shooters

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I bought the same one about 7 months ago when it was on sale. Very good shooting gun with wolf match. That is next on my list for a new stock and I was looking at Boyds the other day. Good to know they all fit good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.