New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the MVP and it has weaver style top. I have a Nikon M223 1" 2-8x32 scope and a Burris PEPR piccatiny mount which i love and kept from my AR. Since I am new to this part of the game, and have searched the MVP-specific site, I'm confused as how to best stick with this set up. As i understand it, there are weaver to piccatiny adapters but figuring out WTH would actually work is giving me a headache and the guys at Gander were just as clueless.

Rather than post on the MVP/mossberg site (they aren't family), i figured I would post here as I'm sure one of you can guide me to the simple, "Hey Doc, google would have shown you this adaptor that will work...."

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks....i need to just do it or my scope will sit in the safe LOL...then again, i know i won't get to the range until spring. In the end, i bet the PEPR and this will make it sit to high. Only one way to find out....and I'm shooting lefty anyway, so I'm all jacked up!
thanks again.

Ordered....will update once installed (with pics of course).

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
before I mount, WTH am i seeing here....why is there this 1/16" gap up front (and why is there an overhang, I've seen this before)?
If that is so there is an angle, why wasn't there one with my PEPR and M223 scope set up for my AR?
And if i snug it down up front, it won't be flush...is this thing right?

Sleeve Bumper Automotive exterior Wood Office equipment

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
before I mount, WTH am i seeing here....why is there this 1/16" gap up front (and why is there an overhang, I've seen this before)?
If that is so there is an angle, why wasn't there one with my PEPR and M223 scope set up for my AR?
And if i snug it down up front, it won't be flush...is this thing right?

Wood Bumper Hardwood Office supplies Graphite

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for making me look! All is good. The PEPR makes it sit higher than most would like. I am left eye dominant, but right handed. So i shoot pistol right handed and long arm lefty...but rather shoot right handed. This setup allows me to shoot ambidextrous! Will file range report when I can.

Machine gun Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun
Furniture Wood Bumper Table Air gun
Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun Machine gun
Air gun Trigger Wood Machine gun Gun accessory

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.