New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I currently have an SJC Titan muzzle comp on my AR. Great for 3 gun, not so much for taking squirrels and coyotes. So I had an idea to machine a cylinder that would very tightly slide over the brake, and have an O ring on each end to stop any gasses from escaping the holes. Would this be considered a suppressor at that point?

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
IMO, If you fully encapsulate the brake then it can be considered a suppressor even if it is very short.
There are brakes out there that allow you to open and close using configurable porting for the same reasons you described.
But I would not do a external cylinder because once you put a sleeve over the SJC you will be running very high pressures w/o able to
predict how the whole thing is going to behave.
Instead I would have one as the above or one custom made w. an internal sleeve system.
It is very simple and can create front ports in an offset pattern to be closed in the position the side pattern is open and when you
close the side ones then the front ones will open and behave more like a linear brake.
This has been done before. The key is to get a good plenty of bleeding and a good and efficient side pattern.
The POI most likely will shift as you change the dynamics.
I hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts