New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While looking through the law I noticed something exciting.
They did not ban muzzle brakes.

(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of
the weapon;
(iii) a thumbhole stock;
(iv) a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the
non-trigger hand;
(v) a bayonet mount;
(vi) a flash suppressor, muzzle break, muzzle compensator, or threaded
barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor, muzzle break, or
muzzle compensator;
(vii) a grenade launcher;

Instead they banned broken muzzles.

Make sure you have no breaks in your muzzle guys!

· Registered
4,955 Posts
The NYSRPA lawsuit specifically referenced the "muzzle break" screw-up in the UNSAFE Act. It was quite comical.

· Registered
4,955 Posts
Well this should mean you can put a muzzle brake on a new rifle. I wonder how it will hold up it court.

Your Honor my muzzle is not broken and I would like all charges dropped.
Well, I wouldn't recommend putting one on there and then showing it to a State Trooper. The UNSAFE Act is pure crap anyway, the Gov. and his cronies could only be so lucky if that was the only significant screw-up in the bill. The entire thing is a screw up of epic proportions.

· Registered
5,247 Posts
The only thing I know about break is how these law makers can not even get anything straight when they can under stand the difference between a break and Muzzle Brake..

I am not the greatest speller or grammar person but I do know the difference between a Muzzle Brake and when someone breaks something like how these law makers break everything even this stupid Safe Act Law..

· I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,805 Posts
Oh and you see how they outlawed grenade launchers? Well those are 40mm and were already regulated and you couldn't get those here. What you could get here and unregulated are 37mm FLARE launchers lol. No one makes any explosive round in 37mm which is why they are not regulated at all. So you can still have those here in NYS and they look really scary lol.

· Registered
1,868 Posts
Oh and you see how they outlawed grenade launchers? Well those are 40mm and were already regulated and you couldn't get those here. What you could get here and unregulated are 37mm FLARE launchers lol. No one makes any explosive round in 37mm which is why they are not regulated at all. So you can still have those here in NYS and they look really scary lol.
They mean the muzzle device that you use with a blank to fire a grenade.

· Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They mean the muzzle device that you use with a blank to fire a grenade.
Either way they could make it legal and no one would have the ammo lol. The people who do legally have them ammo I think have to get the atf tax stamp and have an approved munitions storage area AND find someone willing to transfer it..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.