New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
US girl ran to Muslim hero in Kenya mall | New York Post

Revealed: American family rescued by hero of attack on Nairobi's Westgate mall - Telegraph

I like Steve McLaughlin's comments:

"A hero. A story that the gun grabbing anti-2nd amendment crowd won't want to talk about or acknowledge.
A good guy with a gun rushing to the scene to help protect innocent lives from bad guy's with guns. This man and the fact that he was armed saved lives. American lives and Kenyan lives.
In Kenya, Abdul Haji, taught as a boy to use a weapon by his father so that he could protect their cattle from bandits, is a hero for saving lives.
In NY, because of Cuomo's UnSafe Act, he would be arrested for carrying a gun into a gun free zone and for having more than 7 rounds."

God bless this brave man and those like him and may the evil that did this and all of the evil around the world burn in hell.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Sorry, but I am calling bovine excrement on this one. All I see is a picture of a guy, with a kid coming towards him...why couldn't the camera man save her? And, the other picture shows two guys with pistols pointing at who knows what. Where are the pictures of him laying down "cover fire" to aid red cross workers? Right, I get it, see, there are good ones.

Publicity/Propaganda photos IMO.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Be Advised: If you have a Concealed Carry Pistol Permit take your firearm with you wherever you legally can. This brutality is "In-Bound".
This^^^^^. If recent history is teaching us anything its this. You never know where or when. Or why. You may not be able to do anything or even have the chance to. But you don't want to be pinned down somewhere wishing you had a firearm.

Edit: And carry a spare mag or 2

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Sorry, but I am calling bovine excrement on this one. All I see is a picture of a guy, with a kid coming towards him...why couldn't the camera man save her? And, the other picture shows two guys with pistols pointing at who knows what. Where are the pictures of him laying down "cover fire" to aid red cross workers? Right, I get it, see, there are good ones.

Publicity/Propaganda photos IMO.
Spiker - watch the video.
Revealed: American family rescued by hero of attack on Nairobi's Westgate mall - Telegraph

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Ok, watched the video, and...it's even more unbelievable. This guy speaks English better than people I know here. And once again, there it is, the claim that these muslim terrorists, who are claiming Jihad are not following the teachings of their own religion. How many times are we going to hear this before we realize that it is all a ruse.

Muslims want to kill all infidels...us, and anyone who doesn't believe in their retarded god.

Look, if you want to worship a rock, and call it god I'm all for you. Have a ball. But, the minute you tell me I have to worship that rock or there will be consequences to me, or my family, you have to go. Plain and simple.

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, watched the video, and...it's even more unbelievable. This guy speaks English better than people I know here. And once again, there it is, the claim that these muslim terrorists, who are claiming Jihad are not following the teachings of their own religion. How many times are we going to hear this before we realize that it is all a ruse.

Muslims want to kill all infidels...us, and anyone who doesn't believe in their retarded god.

Look, if you want to worship a rock, and call it god I'm all for you. Have a ball. But, the minute you tell me I have to worship that rock or there will be consequences to me, or my family, you have to go. Plain and simple.
Again, to me, what you are describing are Muslim extremists. I for one believe that they exist, yet I also believe that there are Muslims that mind their own business, practice their faith, and don't want me dead.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Again, to me, what you are describing are Muslim extremists. I for one believe that they exist, yet I also believe that there are Muslims that mind their own business, practice their faith, and don't want me dead.
Not to be argumentative, but this is just a thought. What if...the ones that don't condone violence are actually the slackers of the religion, as the "extremists" seem to be taking the scripture very literally.

So, I guess what I am getting at is that I believe their religion promotes violence, and killing in the name of their god, but a moderate faction of the religion just won't go that far. So yes, all Muslims are not killers, but not because the religion doesn't condone it?

Make any sense?

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Very much so. Some follow the Quran to a T, which promotes violence in some parts, much in the same way the bible does. The anti-Muslim propaganda since 9/11 has some forgetting to hold a mirror up to their own beliefs.

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not to be argumentative, but this is just a thought. What if...the ones that don't condone violence are actually the slackers of the religion, as the "extremists" seem to be taking the scripture very literally.

So, I guess what I am getting at is that I believe their religion promotes violence, and killing in the name of their god, but a moderate faction of the religion just won't go that far. So yes, all Muslims are not killers, but not because the religion doesn't condone it?

Make any sense?
I don't take your comments as being argumentative. We are just having a civil, healthy discussion. I will say this much. I understand your points but I currently don't feel I know enough about the Muslin religion and teachings to say you are right or I am. I am just going with the small amount of knowledge I have up to this point.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Wow, I'm surprised. One out of how many million?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I don't take your comments as being argumentative. We are just having a civil, healthy discussion. I will say this much. I understand your points but I currently don't feel I know enough about the Muslin religion and teachings to say you are right or I am. I am just going with the small amount of knowledge I have up to this point.
Ok, good. I didn't want to come home and find any "ill tempered" mutated Sea Bass in my bathtub.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts

I am very guarded when it comes to Islam and their Allah. I have read a bunch of the Quran or at least enough to know it contradicts the Bible. Rock worship was exactly what they did along with 300 others before Mohammed came along and made up what he did. They were Pagan worshippers.

BUT think about some good old fashion dirt bags here in our country. Regular white guys that might claim they are Christian. Christian because when they were a child might have gone to church. Then fell away and became dirt bags. You could also paint in the same light these guys as extremists or the equivalent jihadists. They could claim whatever they want, to be Islam, Christian, whatever, but truly they are only the work of the evil one, not of God's influence.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I am very guarded when it comes to Islam and their Allah. I have read a bunch of the Quran or at least enough to know it contradicts the Bible. Rock worship was exactly what they did along with 300 others before Mohammed came along and made up what he did. They were Pagan worshippers.

BUT think about some good old fashion dirt bags here in our country. Regular white guys that might claim they are Christian. Christian because when they were a child might have gone to church. Then fell away and became dirt bags. You could also paint in the same light these guys as extremists or the equivalent jihadists. They could claim whatever they want, to be Islam, Christian, whatever, but truly they are only the work of the evil one, not of God's influence.
Ok, good avenue of conversation. Let's look at it. When little Timmy Mcveigh bombed that building, regardless of his faith, or upbringing, he didn't commit that crime in the name of it. He had his reasons, but they weren't tied to his religion.

Just because a white guy, brown guy, blue guy, or whatever commits a crime, it doesn't reflect on others that are similar to him unless the crime is committed in the name of that group, and there are so many instances of the same crime happening for the same reason that you can see a pattern.

We are talking about a global terrorist entity that are claiming lives on an unprecedented level since ancient times.

And, for the record, Muslim is a religion, not a race, as some here don't seem to be able to understand.

Muslims

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Muslims are the ones believing in Islam. If they are atheist, then they are just Arabs. The Muslim religion is Islam. I still look at Muslims in as being a race. Part of the Arab culture. I'm not sold on Islam whatsoever and as stated before, very guarded. But I have acquaintances and friends that are Muslims and you will find ordinary, kind people. I'm glad I don't know any nut jobs from that culture. It's fun when you get them to open up and talk about religion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts