New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just picked up my application for Westchester pistol permit. I currently own and live in Westchester full time. I also own a house in Chemung County which is like 3 and a half hours from Westchester.

Can I go for my license in Chemung County instead? I use the house as a vacation/weekend house because my wife is from there and my in laws still live there.

If not I have another question...Will I be able to have my pistol in my second home? So if i drive from westchester upstate for the weekend am I allowed to carry the pistol on my property and to and from target practice and hunting?

Thanks

· Registered
460 Posts
if you have a carry permit whether its unrestricted or restricted you can take it with you from one house to the other with no problem. the only way you wouldn't be able to take it from one house to the other is if you have a premises permit.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK thanks a lot everyone..I guess I have to get it in Westchester since thats what my drivers license says and its my primary residence. I am applying for target and hunting, so with that I can have it in either home correct? When I transport it from Westchester to my second home can I have it on me or does it have to be locked up in the trunk?

· Registered
812 Posts
OK thanks a lot everyone..I guess I have to get it in Westchester since thats what my drivers license says and its my primary residence. I am applying for target and hunting, so with that I can have it in either home correct? When I transport it from Westchester to my second home can I have it on me or does it have to be locked up in the trunk?
If you get unrestricted you can carry it on you person for any reason all the time. If it gets restricted then you have to just tell them you are on your way to hike, target shoot etc: You do not have to disclose to a LEO that you are carrying unless he asks. Remember that your permit is carry conceal with or without restrictions, no open carry in NewYorkastan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.