New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Premium Member
4,405 Posts
MR-2 is cool. No written confirmation of legality or blessing from the NYSP. But a "verbal" ok was given.

Bullet button is avail for many types of guns, not just the AR as the MR-2 is strictly.

I hope the bullet button is approved as it opens the door to countless other guns than just plain AR-15 types.

· Registered
807 Posts
Or you guys could stop being such extremists, needing these black rifles of mass destruction and death that spit fire from the hip at 10000 bullits per second! Just use 911 like the rest of the civilized world!. On a serious note I kinda hope the bullet button is approved. The versatility of it seems appealing. If a letter is approved from ARMR2 I would consider buying a modern sporter. That being said from all I've read the MR2 is probably the best and safest bet.

· Registered
1,236 Posts
I prefer the ease and convenience a bullet button offers and it does seem like they might meet the requirement. The MR2 is easily the safer way to go though where legalities are concerned and they're what I'm using.

· Registered
169 Posts
...ability to accept a detachable magazine...

MR2: disables the ability to accept a magazine without disassembly.
BB: disables the ability to accept a magazine without use of a tool.

To be compliant, assembled weapon must be kept with magazine in mag-well (weapon therefore does not have the ability to accept a magazine).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.