New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a MP 15-22 rifle with the stupid pinned collapsible stock. The only problem is, this stock is extremely wobbly and annoying. Does anyone know of a fixed stock mod for this gun (important to note that the buffer tube does not function.... it is just a plastic tube)?

If there is not a fixed stock mod for it, is it legal to remove the pin, put something more reliable like a MOE buttstock on it, and then re-pin it?

Thanks!

· Registered
528 Posts
There is no fixed-stock that will fit on the tube since it's molded as part of the lower receiver.

I'm sure you can re-pin it. The stock diameter is mil-spec so make sure when you buy your stock body, you buy a milspec diameter stock body, then pin it.

· Registered
2,913 Posts
Agree with LDD.....If you epoxy it around the tube where it enters the stock it will wirk but you may need to scrape it off and re-apply after a while...

· Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, I just wanted to make sure because when I posted this same question on S&W forums a few months ago, they said it would be illegal for me to remove the pin, even if I was going to re-pin the stock.... and they left me hanging with a conclusion to my question like that.

· Registered
2,913 Posts
Nope,not illegal at all as long as you intend to re-pin it.....Nice to see another person from Chemung Co btw !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.