New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know which county is more gun friendly: Broome or Tioga? I'm moving from Onondaga and have a choice of 2 places. I have a CCW from Onondaga.

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Broome is not that bad for being in NY state. You do need to take a course and write a letter to the judge if you want your CCW permit if you do not already have one. The permit office people are very nice. I'm pretty sure if you are from another county and you already have your CCW, then you will get your CCW here in Broome. Transfer are simple, no special forms and the bill of sale does not have to be notarized. You can fax it to them or you can copy the bill of sale from your computer. Wait time for coupon is 2-5 business days mailed. When you go in for an amendment on your permit, the add the new gun to your permit right there and give you by your permit and then mail you the coupon or you can pick it up.

James

·
Registered
235 Posts
Broome County, RPD offers an upgrade class to remove the restrictions. The Judge usually removes the restrictions once he see's you have completed the class.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts