New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Erie County

I turned in my application about 10 weeks ago and haven't heard anything from the permit office so far. Since turning it in I bought a new house and closed on it recently but haven't physically moved yet and don't plan on selling my current house until August. I'm wondering when I should report the change to the office and if anyone's had a similar situation. Do I give it a little bit more time and see if they get to me before I sell the current house? Report it when I report the change to the DMV (likely next month after I come back from a trip)? Or just call now and explain it to them? My biggest concern is if they make me resubmit the whole application with the new address but on the other hand I figure the new house will show up on the background check. Any insight would be appreciated.

·
Registered
105 Posts
call the permit office and explain your situation ,do you think you'll have your permit before you sell your house

if you think you'll have it before august I'd just let it go and when you receive it then change your address ,not sure of the turn around time for permits in Erie county is .

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
If you are moving within Erie County, no you will not need to reapply, if you move to another county before being approved, yes you would have to reapply in the new county.

As long as you still own the address you used when you applied, that is fine, you can keep your application going with that address. You can also go on the DMV website and change your address to the new address and then call the permit office and let them know of the change. It will also be helpful if you can let me know what town/city both addresses are in?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are moving within Erie County, no you will not need to reapply, if you move to another county before being approved, yes you would have to reapply in the new county.

As long as you still own the address you used when you applied, that is fine, you can keep your application going with that address. You can also go on the DMV website and change your address to the new address and then call the permit office and let them know of the change. It will also be helpful if you can let me know what town/city both addresses are in?
Hi, both homes are within Amherst, thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Erie County

I turned in my application about 10 weeks ago and haven't heard anything from the permit office so far. Since turning it in I bought a new house and closed on it recently but haven't physically moved yet and don't plan on selling my current house until August. I'm wondering when I should report the change to the office and if anyone's had a similar situation. Do I give it a little bit more time and see if they get to me before I sell the current house? Report it when I report the change to the DMV (likely next month after I come back from a trip)? Or just call now and explain it to them? My biggest concern is if they make me resubmit the whole application with the new address but on the other hand I figure the new house will show up on the background check. Any insight would be appreciated.
Erie County

I applied in Erie county September 27, 2021. April 25, 2022, last week the sheriff called for an interview. All my references were called that same day within minutes of my phone call. Tell your references too call you when they hear because it was all done the same day. I’m now waiting too hear. Good luck!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Erie County

I moved from Amherst to the Town of Alden in the middle of my permit process. Town of Amherst investigator interviewed me and I told him during the interview that I had moved. He wasn't concerned and approved me for the CCW. Judge signed off and the rest is history.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts