New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently in the 4-6 months waiting period on getting word back on my Westchester Pistol Permit, mid-August would be 4 months. Now my issue is I'm in the process of selling my home in Westchester county and purchasing a new home in Putnam county. I see 2 ways this could go down for me.

1 - What do I do if I moveto Putnam county BEFORE I receive word on my Westchester Pistol Permit?

2 - What do I do if I receive my Westchester Pistol Permit than move to Putnam county?

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Ask Westchester to send all your paperwork to the Putnam Clerk's office, that's what I did when escaping that prison, though I already had my license. The Westchester clerk asked me if I wanted to keep my license in Westchester, I almost laughed in her face.
OR, if you receive your permit before moving here, again transfer it to Putnam to get a new Putnam license. Within 1 year you'll be able to get all your restrictions removed.
Amendments are running about 1-1 1/2 weeks now, BUT you do need to submit everything face to face, no mail in. Then you must appear once again to get your amendment paper. With a new clerk coming in next year we hope to lobby him to change a few things, ie issue coupons(really a sheet of paper now, they did away with the coupons)in advance, and have mail in service. We'll see if he's receptive.

Congrats on getting out.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
like ladder said, once your moved, I would ask them to mail paperwork to new address and also request an address change. your best bet is to call the clerk and ask them. then, once moved I would transfer your permit to putnum asap!

I have an amendment in with the clerks office to remove my restrictions so we will see how that goes. if denied im either going to legally appeal it or try to get my permit transferred to putnum as I have a putnum mailing address. I havent bothered with that yet because I just havent really looked into it really.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts