New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Argh. So, I wanted to have this AK build done and ready for a very specific date. I had a Tapco quad rail forend back-ordered on Midway, but I needed it quick. So I found the same item on mountsplus.com and gave them a call. I explained that I needed it fast , so even though the website claimed it was in stock I wanted to make absolutely sure before I canceled my midway back-order and ordered from them instead. The woman I spoke to gave me several assurances it was in stock, in the color I wanted, and could be shipped quickly. I placed my order not 2 full minutes after that phone call. Now 5 hours later I get an email saying the item is out of stock and is on back-order. So after lying to me straight out that the item was unquestionably in stock and ready to ship, they made me lose a whole day and waste my time canceling the back-order I already had at Midway where the item was cheaper.

Bad form chaps.

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Hey Hex, not sure what your specific needs are with the rail for your AK but Ultimak makes the best mounting options for AK's on the market from my experience: http://www.ultimak.com/BuyAK.htm

This is what I have on one of my AK's for an optic mount. The Tapco quad rail I have used and it gets extremely hot if your firing a decent amount of rounds through the gun in one session. May want to get a good pair of gloves if your gonna go with that option.

Just something to consider.

Chris

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Chris. Yeah I'm familiar with the ultimak. Ultimately ( no pun intended ) I probably will go that direction. At the time though I was most concerned with having a mounting slot for a vertical grip. Also at this point I've sunk a bunch of money into the thing already, and I'm by no means a rich man. While I could afford the ultimak rail at 100 bucks or so , I can't afford any decent optics.. so, not much point in the rail just yet.

On a side note: I would have been willing to give Mounting Solutions Plus a chance. People can make mistakes ( Though I do have a good reason to believe the woman I spoke to actually knew she was lying, it was something she said at the end.. but nevermind that). The thing is though, I mailed them about it about 24 hours ago, and have received no response. That's strike 2, and 2 is too many.

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Hi Chris. Yeah I'm familiar with the ultimak. Ultimately ( no pun intended ) I probably will go that direction. At the time though I was most concerned with having a mounting slot for a vertical grip. Also at this point I've sunk a bunch of money into the thing already, and I'm by no means a rich man. While I could afford the ultimak rail at 100 bucks or so , I can't afford any decent optics.. so, not much point in the rail just yet.

On a side note: I would have been willing to give Mounting Solutions Plus a chance. People can make mistakes ( Though I do have a good reason to believe the woman I spoke to actually knew she was lying, it was something she said at the end.. but nevermind that). The thing is though, I mailed them about it about 24 hours ago, and have received no response. That's strike 2, and 2 is too many.
Agreed, there are plenty of other resources available for you to utilize. Good luck.

·
awesome for hire.
3,608 Posts
midwest industries makes a quad rail for the AK also. they look pretty sweet

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
midwest industries makes a quad rail for the AK also. they look pretty sweet
That is sweet! gotta get me one. I've had a B-square on my AK for years, that looks like a much more accurate and tacticool alternative, man I'm glad I found this site!:)

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Here's a little update to this and it just gets worse.

First of all they never returned my email about this.
Now today I called them to cancel the backorder of the tapco thing , and they said that even though the item was still not in stock ,my credit card had already been charged !

After some deliberation, they claim that now the charge will be refunded to the card.
*sigh*

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, and on a side note. I was sticking with the tapco stuff because I wanted it all to match the 'Flat Dark Earth' furniture color. I notice though that the Midwest industries rail system also comes in a similar color though. Even though it's more than double the price, now I'm considering one of those as it looks like a much higher quality piece of hardware from what I've seen online.

The problem though .. those are on backorder everywhere too !!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts