New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale / trade is a MotorGuide 12V bow-mount trolling motor. This motor was part of a factory boat package on a 2001 Bass Tracker Pro Team 175, which I bought used from the original owner in 2006.

This is the Pro Series 40 model, rated at 43lbs of thrust, with foot pedal control. Shaft length is 42". I am selling this because I bought a larger motor this spring which I finally installed last month.

I've used this motor on approximately 60 to 70 fishing trips since buying the boat. It has some scuffs, dings, and scratches. The original prop is currently mounted on the motor, and there is a chip on one of the blades. I just bought a new MotorGuide replacement prop, which I mounted up to verify a correct fit. Both props are included with the motor.

As a reference for determining whether this will work for your boat, my boat weighs roughly 1100lbs; minus weight of fuel, gear and boater(s). This motor would move my boat without issues in still water, but it did struggle if I tried to motor into a strong wind.

I had to cut the MotorGuide power receptacle off from the boat wiring when swapping motors, because the new Minn Kota motor I installed uses a different plug configuration. There are short leads left on the original receptacle from where I had to cut it (wires are potted in housing), so you could possibly splice these into the power from your boat. Otherwise, new receptacles can be found easily online. Bass Pro Shops® Trolling Motor Receptacle for Motorguide® Pro Series Trolling Motors | Bass Pro Shops

I'm not sure what this motor is worth, but I've found new Motor Guide models in this size selling for around $400.00. I'll ask $150.00 considering it's age and that I used it regularly.

Feel free to PM me with questions and offers. Cash or trade. I could probably come up with some cash for the right deal in trade.

FTF preferred on the east side of Rochester, and western areas of Wayne county. No shipping. I would drive a reasonable distance for a trade.

I would trade the motor (+ cash) for:

Rifle in 30-06, .308
O/U combo .22lr / .410, 20ga, or 12ga
Kel Tec Sub 2000 in 9mm Glock
AR upper receiver and parts, or complete 16" upper in 5.56
12ga semi, SxS or O/U

Also would trade for ammo in: 9mm (brass), 7.62x39, .223/5.56 (brass)

Thanks for looking.

Luggage and bags Bag Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bicycle part

Road surface Audio equipment Gadget Asphalt Gas

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Rim Bumper

Plant Camera accessory Gas Auto part Grass

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.