New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whewww...I'm glad that New Jersey has some really serious restrictions on firearms! All we need now are a few more laws making it illegal to shoot innocent people and use firearms in a menacing fashion in public...uh....wait...we have those....never mind.

I seem to be missing the part of the story where they cite registered firearms owners (as egregious as that is) and their multitude of legally acquired firearms being used to perpetrate heinous acts of violence. After all, wouldn't that be the real impetus for more stringent firearms restrictions on law-abiding citizens?

(This is not meant to minimize the tragedy of young lives lost. It is just to illustrate the usual pointless arguments by the Left that more laws make people safer.)

Mothers are fed up with Newark violence - New York News
Mothers are fed up with Newark violence
Posted: Dec 30, 2013 6:14 PM EST
Updated: Dec 30, 2013 9:38 PM EST
By LISA EVERS, Fox 5 News Reporter

NEW JERSEY (MYFOXNY.COM) -
The woman they call the godmother of Newark raised six kids on her own. Now Donna Jackson is trying to save other children's lives. With the murder rate at its highest level in more than 20 years, she's on an urgent mission.

Sidewalk memorials to murder victims are common sights in Newark. It is even more so this year, with the Newark murder rate hitting 110, according to the Essex County prosecutor. That is the highest number since 1990.

Jackson told me she is outraged. She volunteers as a community counselor and motivator. She monitors police radios on her spare phone, gathers and sends out alerts about crimes in progress, and offers help to grieving families with fellow volunteer Cassandra Dock. She believes it has gotten harder and harder for kids to escape the deadly gunfire.

Hundreds turned out to say goodbye to Reginald Terry, an 18-year-old college honors student and former high school football star, who was shot and killed shielding a young woman from random gunfire.

Minutes away on another street, the mother of murdered 15-year-old Kasson Morman, called for more police protection.

As a mother and grandmother, Jackson knows she can't heal the broken hearts, but she can help grieving parents navigate through the paperwork that comes after their child is murdered.

Despite everything she sees, the godmother of Newark still believes there is good in everyone. But Jackson also believes changing things won't be easy, but it can be done.

Mayor Luis Quintana Monday evening issued a statement saying that the city was fast-tracking the process to get more police officers on the streets and also to team up with other law enforcement agencies.

"Our entire city is mourning the loss of life due to gun violence which has negatively impacted our city during this holiday season," Quintana said. "We are listening to and agree with the concerns of our communities. The number one priority of my administration has been since day one, and continues to be, to address the public safety needs of our residents."

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Can we please stop using gun violence and replace it with people violence? I am so sick and tired of that term.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm baffled why no one actually blames the losers who are doing the shooting. I think the dirty little secret is that the killers are raised right in the same neighborhoods they are terrorizing. The problem isn't an inanimate object. The problem is the residents of Newark. Donna Jackson may not have raised any criminals, but I'll bet she knows a lot of parents who have.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Minutes away on another street, the mother of murdered 15-year-old Kasson Morman, called for more police protection.

The sheep are always first to the slaughter. Protect yourself you dumb b*tch! If you want more police protection they have that it's called prison!

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Well mommies isn't your solution to the gun violence in Newark the disarmament of all residents then bend over when the criminals come? hasn't it worked yet??

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
I'm baffled why no one actually blames the losers who are doing the shooting. I think the dirty little secret is that the killers are raised right in the same neighborhoods they are terrorizing. The problem isn't an inanimate object. The problem is the residents of Newark. Donna Jackson may not have raised any criminals, but I'll bet she knows a lot of parents who have.
I only blame them on the course of events, not what causes those events to transpire in the first place.

The fact that the war on drugs does NOT work.
The fact that the government has created under-ground crime syndicates, gangs and drug cartels as a result of said war.
The fact that their failure has led them to believe that more laws would solve their failures.
The fact that there are no legal means for conflict resolution in such an ecosystem which results in violence.

If you want to reduce the violence to levels that occur naturally as a result of the course of being human and do it OVERNIGHT -- end the war on drugs.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
It is Fact most moms in these groups become members after the death of their child. This may seem harsh but where were they before, they know the area is unsafe but they roll the dice using their children as the bet. Pressure The Local Government Now, look at why there are so many moms and lack of dads (fathers) positive roll modes.The Family unit as a whole is gone, lack of respect for the place you live in. Until The real problem is addressed The Newark's, Chicago's, will still be there with the strongest GunControl Laws or if they outlawed guns. Its not the Guns thats the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts