New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was looking at one of these the other day at my LGS as my next purchase. Any pros or cons that anyone has heard or knows about they can relate? Thanks!

Web Site Specs
Caliber
5.56mmNATO (.223 REM.)2470
Capacity
Barrel
24" MED BULL FLUTED2470
Sights
Weaver Style Bases2470
Scope
None
Twist
1:92470
Length Of Pull
13.25"2470
Finish
Matte Blue2470
Stock
Laminate - Bench Rest2470
Overall Length
43"2470
Features

• For Use with Aftermarket AR-15 Magazines
  • LBA™ Lightning Bolt Action™Adjustable Trigger
  • Dedicated Varmint and Predator Configurations
  • Free Gun Lock/2-Year Limited Warranty Included

·
Registered
9,577 Posts
Well I just looked at it and ... I WANT ONE!!! Perfect!!! Will accept AR mags AND is bolt action!!! Perfect gun for predator hunting!! I have a Savage Axis in .223. Love the gun because I KNOW what it's capable of BUT .... I would prefer to have the ability to have more than 5rds for target shooting. I like the stock of the Mossberg and I like the medium/heavy barrel it comes with. I would say that Mossberg is going to be a good one to have if you're into benchrest shooting and varmint/predator hunting. So ... go buy it, if you don't like it, I'll buy it from you at 50% less than you paid for it so it won't be a TOTAL loss for you!!!!! LOL

Seriously though, check out you tube ... there has to be reviews and vids on it.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are vids on it and the reviews seem to favor it. I was hoping maybe a member had one or knew someone who does. I have a feeling this one is going to be in the safe very soon:p

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Keep in mind that if you need to repair any part of the bolt or trigger that it goes back to Mossberg .... can't get bolt parts - Thought I could fix a friends ATR and no such luck ... mossberg policy .... may have changed by now but something to consider

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have been trying to find one for a couple weeks now, most places say they will be cack in stock in the mid of Jan, but with the recent events I am not sure if that will happen or not concidering these take the "EVIL" gun mags.

G

·
Look hard at the little "flapper thingy" on the underside of the bolt head.
This feature allows the use of a double column detachable magazine.
It looks mighty fragile............

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
I have one and its very nice. Shot around 200rds so far and is way more accurate than I am. Trigger was really heavy even set at the lightest setting and gritty. I did a trigger job on it and put in a lighter trigger spring and its great now. I know Jard makes a nice aftermarket for it also. I also polished the bolt to make it a little smoother which It would do on its own eventually but I am inpatient. The tab on the bolt does look fragile but I have slammed the bolt home plenty of times but no issues. Got it for $499 off Buds. This forum has some good info as well Mossberg MVP Forum

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.