New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found myself really wanting a mossberg mvp. I recenting traded for a savage bvss in 223. This is the really nice looking model with the brown laminated stock ,stainless with the fluted barrel. The rifle shoots great but I still find myself wanting a mvp. Now have been thinking of selling the savage to get a mvp or possibly trying to trade it for one even though I know the savage is worth more. anyone ever felt this toward a certain firearm before?

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I have found myself really wanting a mossberg mvp. I recenting traded for a savage bvss in 223. This is the really nice looking model with the brown laminated stock ,stainless with the fluted barrel. The rifle shoots great but I still find myself wanting a mvp. Now have been thinking of selling the savage to get a mvp or possibly trying to trade it for one even though I know the savage is worth more. anyone ever felt this toward a certain firearm before?
Rifle lust is a common disease that only gets worse with time.

BlackOps JAEGER is the current source of all my pain, but I'm taking steps to remedy it!

jaeger5.jpg

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
what bullets are you shooting? I am saying because initially the rifle is very attractive but cannot shoot above 69gr smks.
For me this is a downer with the mossberg because they left the barnes 70gr solids and 75-77gr match out.
Also for a bolt the AR magazine is great in terms of compatibility but it can be a negative in terms of COAL.
So it depends on the purpose but sometimes what it seems good ends up not so good or what it seems not so good
ends up being great.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have always shot 55grn v-max. I have never had a need for anything heavier for shooting woodchucks. I traded for the savage because it was in the caliber that I was really looking for (htinking thats all it way)and the fact the bvss is a sharp looking rifle too. I figured the "want" of the mvp would go away but it's still there.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I too have been drooling over the mvp.. but i think ill be going for a savage or remington 870 and building it instead..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts