New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've been.interested in a 930 for some time now as far as i can see only difference with a 930spx is the longer mag tube and ring sights.... Walmart has the one with 18.5" stand off barrel for $499. Thats $150 less than an spx a tube extension is only $40 my question is will it fit with this standoff barrel??

· Registered
2,099 Posts
The extension, ghost ring sights, mag tube and bolt knob are the only things the SPX tactical has over the standard spx with bead sight and breacher barrel. My 930 3 gun shot gun started as the bead site breacher barrel version. Great gun.

· Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe i will pick it up then because the price is right. If i put a full tube extension like the spx thats flush it'll clear the breach? Or do i need the clamp on one? It's either this or saiga 12 but im definitely liking the price on the 930 at Walmart!

· Registered
2,099 Posts
A 3 round extension will be flush with the end of the breacher. I know the Choate 3 rounder will clear it. The thicker Nordic ones might not.

· Registered
2,099 Posts
I have never filled just the stock tube...

I have a +6 extension on mine right now and I scan fit 10 in it. So by deduction it must be 4+1.

· Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So how do u like it? How about compared to a saiga? Its basically coming down to money i like the cool factor of the saiga but like the 930 price. Any regrets or problems with it?

· Registered
2,099 Posts
I have both. They are really apples to oranges.

The 930 is the fastest, softest shooting semi I have run. I feel they are and amazing value.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.