New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking to see if any of you NYC guys have Mosins registered in the city. Specifically the m44 variant. Since it is a bolt action the bayonet shouldn't actually be a problem, but i just don't trust NYPD to read and understand the law correctly and I could just as easily not buy one to avoid the hassle..

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Just looking to see if any of you NYC guys have Mosins registered in the city. Specifically the m44 variant. Since it is a bolt action the bayonet shouldn't actually be a problem, but i just don't trust NYPD to read and understand the law correctly and I could just as easily not buy one to avoid the hassle..
You are in luck! Wikipedia lists the magazine capacity as 5 rounds, so likely they will let you register it. Yes, the NYPD uses wikipedia for their formal firearms research.

Include a letter with a photo of the gun, saying that it only has a 5 round capacity, and that since it is a BOLT action gun (not semi auto), the bayonet lug is LEGAL in NYC.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are in luck! Wikipedia lists the magazine capacity as 5 rounds, so likely they will let you register it. Yes, the NYPD uses wikipedia for their formal firearms research.

Include a letter with a photo of the gun, saying that it only has a 5 round capacity, and that since it is a BOLT action gun (not semi auto), the bayonet lug is LEGAL in NYC.
It isn't just the lug though the bayonet is attached much like an sks. I'd rather not have the rifle than remove it. Still kosher?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah legal.

Evil features don't apply if the gun isn't semi auto.
Believe me I know that, but do THEY know that hahah. It doesn't matter much anyway. there was only 1 i saw at the middle town gun show and it was over priced and in poor condition.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts