New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my Mosin Nagant friday was all happy.till removeing the cosmoline lost the triger pin down the drain ..so didnt even get to try it out :( but i did find a place to order some for $3 but the shipping sucked $12.40 so ordered 2 pins and a box of 7.62X54R and shipping didnt go up so thats good..all i can hope for is that it comes quick

on a good side cosmoline was easy to get off,was thinking it was going to be hard after seeing youtube videos and saying how hard it was to remove all i did was use meangreen degreaser and break free powder blast gun cleaner and all grease was gone
Wood Flooring Musical instrument Hardwood Wood stain

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Set the stock in the sun on a hot day and the cosmoline will come out of the wood too!! :) Doesn't hurt to leave the metal parts in the hot sun either. Congrats on the new addition. They are great old war guns that are a ton of fun to shoot. Oh ... get yourself a sight adjustment tool somewhere down the road.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Excellent idea Bill. Most sinks have that curvy pipe underneat (the trap) that stops anything going down the drain from getting much farther than a foot or so under the sink. Usually a real easy job to take that apart and retrieve lost items :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Someone is selling six 440rnd tins of 7.62x54r on the CMP selling section, ftf so not sure if he will ship. $65 a tin plus discounts.

M1-TA

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i just looked in the basement and is under the house in a crawl space and all iron pipe..think i will just need to hold for the new ones to show up :( thanks for the tip was thinking maybe magnet tip pen being i cant take the tub drain off but odds are wouldnt work that pipe at like 45* under the tub and then drops 90* to the main drain pipe :(

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
You don't need to take the drain off, the overflow on the tub should be directly above the trap. Take out the 2 screws, pull the stopper out and it should be a straight shot down to the trap for your magnet pen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts