New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Formerly SRV1
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a soft butt pad for my Mosin. The ones on Ebay from what I have read are hard rubber. Anyone can recommend me one that is not a slip on? I assume the slip on ones do not work since the buttstock is so small or do they?

James

· Registered
5,426 Posts
I'm looking for a soft butt pad for my Mosin. The ones on Ebay from what I have read are hard rubber. Anyone can recommend me one that is not a slip on? I assume the slip on ones do not work since the buttstock is so small or do they?

James
The hard rubber ones aren't too bad I have a Nagant with one of those on there, they can be sanded down to fit snugly on the stock, they add a inch or 2 of pull and the felt recoil is substantially less, as for the slip on covers the only experience I have had with those are after the Nagant had been placed into a Monte Carlo stock so I can't say if it will fit the regular stock. Keep in mind that the buttplates on Nagants are stamped, so if you have a matching numbers Nagant you want to keep nice, keep that plate somewhere safe so you don't lose the matching buttplate, the Nagant I have the rubber pad on is non matching and I bought it that way.

· Formerly SRV1
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got the ebay one. Feels like Im shooting a .22
Yeah I have one of those as well. I installed it but have not used it. It feels hard as hell so I doubt it will work. It was cheap so I thought I would give it a try.

James

· Formerly SRV1
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I picked up a slip on at Walmart... Size medium, I believe....works great.
I should have done that but since the butt stock seemed so small on the Mosin's, I figured it would be too big. Got a picture?

James

· Registered
75 Posts
I believe I got the small limbsaver slip-on pad at walmart, but the pad doesn't say the size, and the packaging is long gone. Makes a huge difference though. No more bruises after 20 or so rounds. Fits nicely.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.