New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I never really understood the depths to which liberals are slaves to symbolism prior to all this sign stealing business. They're literally driven by compulsion to eliminate any sign of opposition to one of their biggest pet causes, as if removal of the sign removes the opposition at the same time.

One piece of good news. I had to travel about 15 miles outside of Albany today. Safe Act and Astorino signs everywhere you looked, like out of control weeds sprouting everywhere.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I never really understood the depths to which liberals are slaves to symbolism prior to all this sign stealing business. They're literally driven by compulsion to eliminate any sign of opposition to one of their biggest pet causes, as if removal of the sign removes the opposition at the same time.
You may be on to something here. The reason libs don't want anyone to have guns is because they don't trust themselves to manage their own impulses.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
They steal these things because they lack confidence in their agenda. Hence they have to remove the opposition.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
You may be on to something here. The reason libs don't want anyone to have guns is because they don't trust themselves to manage their own impulses.
Around 10 years ago, there was an extremely well written article by a psychiatrist that said exactly that, I wish I still had it. The concept is called projection, the act of dealing with your own negative character traits by assigning them to another individual or group.

Edit: Here it is. Thanks to the good old JPFO. Those guys save everything.

http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/ragingagainstselfdefense.htm

@jrtraderny

Well said. People who consider that a paper sign might be a threat to their political motives must know how weak both morally and legally their position really is. They think one sign might start a populist snowball they can't stop.

And that's the first thing they've been right about in a long time.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Around 10 years ago, there was an extremely well written article by a psychiatrist that said exactly that, I wish I still had it. The concept is called projection, the act of dealing with your own negative character traits by assigning them to another individual or group.
U just described my ex wife.

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
On a brighter note, I saw a ton of Serino, Astorino, and Gibson signs today driving around Hyde Park today.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Jonathan Gibson sounds like an upstanding guy!
that guy is a trouble maker, a rabble rouser, someone should put him on a watch list.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Wrap your signs in barbed wire. Sure there is liability, but they would have to admit to breaking the law, and then press charges.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Wrap your signs in barbed wire. Sure there is liability, but they would have to admit to breaking the law, and then press charges.
Run a buried extension cord with leads to the legs of the sign. If your home, you'll know right quick when somebody grabs the sign.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts