New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Uberbi.. nah, I can't do it.
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend sent me this link. The video is really long - worth watching if you have kids in the system, but here are some salient points for everyone.

(All this slides this speaker shows are from government sources/CC creator sources. She has given similar talk in other states - this one is specific to NY.)
8:20 - 11:35 She addresses the argument that Common Core "is only a set of standards".
16:30 - 18:15 Student tracking, inclusion of students from private schools, homeschool and students who opt out of testing
26:10 - 29:00 Artificial scores and how teachers are affected (teacher evaluations)
33:00 - 35:15 How the teaching of math has been slowed, new college-ready math levels
(Didn't mark this one, but she references several studies showing how kids who do well in math are able to use the skills learned while doing math in other fields of study and in their jobs.)
39:00 - 39:37 and 40:15 - 41:30 How portions of the English Language Arts curriculum are slanted politically
41:50 - 42:30 How the ACT, SAT and other tests are being aligned with CC, and how that affects kids outside the public schools
44:10 - 45:30 Early childhood expert disagreement with Common Core standards

Common Core Standards by Dr. Peg Luksik - YouTube

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Marx would sit smugly knowingly nodding his head. Lenin would be pleased. Stalin would send any dissenters to the gulag. Hitler would be scratching his head until it was explained at a level he could understand, then raise his hand and utter "Ja, das gut, machen es geschehen. Macht schnell!!!!!!
Robin

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Ugh, now all I can think about is having to dumb down to deal with my sons CC math homework tonight. For those of you that don't have kids in CC, I almost have to go full retard to deal with it. Almost!

·
Registered
167 Posts
If they dumped the majority of their education funding into teacher incentives, classrooms would get smaller and kids would learn more.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
The greatest attempt of equality I have ever seen. If we are all of equal intellect, then there is abso****inglutely no progress. We get ahead because there's always someone out there that is so un-believably intelligent that he pushes our race to the next level. Common Core cannot stop that.. it can try and it might slow this down, but it cannot stop it. There's always someone..

I am so ready..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.