New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
As a business owner, I def feel for these people. Yea yea they chose the spot and make money from the scum on some level but if they speak up, their place get trashed even more.

This whole thing is a powder keg.... Not just staten island.... I'm talking whole country. Look at us on here lately; so many at each others throats.

We gotta keep it together or else we are online, what they are doing on the streets.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Haha the landlord wants a pistol permit. Silly serf. Looks like all the complaints mentioned in the article are from before the whole choking episode. I guess the thing to do would be to bulldoze the park and put in a NYPD substation.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
You mean nobody wants to actively police an area where they're expected to fight criminals without hurting anyone or get sued and risk a grand jury? We need some of the folks here to go down there and show them how to do it (without benefits, of course).

Give that man the legal ability to defend himself. It won't save the neighborhood but it might save his life.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
SHARPTON is like a bad case of crouch rot very irritating!!!

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
I'm far from that area. I see more deer than people who look like Al Sharpton. ;)
May want to put them deer out of their misery if they have that hair that bad.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Ok I will bite here . The legislators that we have have caused a lot of this type of behavior by passing the huge tax on the cigarettes . This causes the black market by raising the prices , then the black market takes over . It's common sense that if you can make a trip to SC and for half the price of One pack in NY. You can bring back a whole carton . This is just human nature paying less for something that the state government tries to tax into non existence . The other problems come as a result of the same tax and spend policies that are now threatening the whole state . This can be remedied by cutting back on the taxes to a reasonable level but as we have seen the controlling party has no sense to complete these types of deals . The PD should be handing out permits but they wint cause they think by handing out less permits they are controlling the situation . This is delusional thinking . They can never control the situation just cleanup the scene after all of the crimes have been committed . It's time for a complete overhaul of the city,s policies !

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The one thing to remember. This all comes in cycles. About every fifteen years. They blame the cops for wrongdoing , then say the cops reacted wrong to it. The Watts riots, LA riots, crown heights, Diallo, Sean bell etc. I am waiting for the new slogan in the "new" way of policing that is supposed to solve all this: "park, walk and talk", "community policing", "CPR" and none of them actually work. And the good people in those neighborhoods become trapped around people who do not know how to live well with others. I hear the new slogan might be "protect and respect"

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok I will bite here . The legislators that we have have caused a lot of this type of behavior by passing the huge tax on the cigarettes . This causes the black market by raising the prices , then the black market takes over . It's common sense that if you can make a trip to SC and for half the price of One pack in NY. You can bring back a whole carton . This is just human nature paying less for something that the state government tries to tax into non existence . The other problems come as a result of the same tax and spend policies that are now threatening the whole state . This can be remedied by cutting back on the taxes to a reasonable level but as we have seen the controlling party has no sense to complete these types of deals . The PD should be handing out permits but they wint cause they think by handing out less permits they are controlling the situation . This is delusional thinking . They can never control the situation just cleanup the scene after all of the crimes have been committed . It's time for a complete overhaul of the city,s policies !
Its not just the prices and taxes. They are known to sell to kids ( teenagers). That is a big part of the loose cigarette business.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Flipping a steak more than once? Untaxed charcoal? Pampered chef spatula = wepons possession?
I guess at some point someone decided people shouldn't be taking up the sidewalk with grills. As with all little laws most people will just stop when they realize they're not supposed to do that but there will be people who won't...

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
The one thing to remember. This all comes in cycles. About every fifteen years. They blame the cops for wrongdoing , then say the cops reacted wrong to it. The Watts riots, LA riots, crown heights, Diallo, Sean bell etc. I am waiting for the new slogan in the "new" way of policing that is supposed to solve all this: "park, walk and talk", "community policing", "CPR" and none of them actually work. And the good people in those neighborhoods become trapped around people who do not know how to live well with others. I hear the new slogan might be "protect and respect"
Maybe they ought to go back to the " old way " of policing . The old " beat cops " that walked the sidewalks had respect because they interacted with the whole neighborhood instead of just driving through . Plus as we have seen some of these cops now sure could use a walking the best regiment cause some of them can't pass the doughnut shop anymore ! Just my observation !

·
Registered
191 Posts
The mayor of NYC is a waste of space, typical liberal *******. He is living large and wants NYPD to deal with his favorite children with kid gloves. They could do no wrong in his book.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts