New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again this month we will be at the Monroe Co. Legislative meeting advocating for licensed concealed carry in the Monroe Co. parks.

We again need to have a good turnout of supporters as we have in the past few months. Please make every effort to be there on August 14, 6pm Monroe county office building, 39 W. Main St. 4th floor.

We are still being stonewalled by tthe Monroe Co. Republican Party on this issue. The two people directly responsible for keeping this from coming to the floor for a vote are Monroe Co. Republican Chairman Bill Reilich and Monroe Co. Executive(and congressional candidate) Maggie Brooks. They, reportedly, have forbidden republican legislators and candidates to speak to us about this issue and that candidates are to avoid the 2nd Amendment issue altogether. With friends like these, we surely don't need enemies.

Again, please make every effort to be at the Aug. 14 legislature meeting and spread the word about the meeting.

Ken Mathison
Monroe Co. SCOPE

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
Do you think it would be possible to also link in their contact info to this thread? I think calls and emails before the meeting from as many people as possible will also help. Also sounds to me that since they want to avoid the issue maybe we need to vote them out as well.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think it would be possible to also link in their contact info to this thread? I think calls and emails before the meeting from as many people as possible will also help. Also sounds to me that since they want to avoid the issue maybe we need to vote them out as well.
Contact info
Bill Reilich at Republican headquarter 585-546-8040
Maggie Brooks at her campaign 585-319-4460 or [email protected]

Even though Brooks is running for congress, she is still the County Executive and if she is really on our side, she should be advocating for us instead of blocking pro gun legislation.

Regarding Louise Slaughter, she is powerless to hurt us in a republican controlled house. The House will still be controlled by republicans after the election so she will still be powerless to hurt us.

Maggie Brooks, on the other hand, is proving to be a RINO(republican in name only) and she can certainly hurt us by action or inaction. If she is afraid to support us on a local level, what makes us think she will support us in Washington.

Because of demographics in Monroe Co. the Brooks/Slaughter race will be a close one, possibly as few as a couple thousand votes may decide the race. As for my vote, I plan on taking it away from Brooks and doubling it's power give it to Slaughter. I and sick to death of candidates claiming to be conservative in their views and then turning out to be just another sleaze politician looking for more personal power.

Ken Mathison
Monroe Co. SCOPE

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
Thanks for posting that. I know I will be email Maggie telling her that she needs to back us up or she will lose votes for congress and if she loses then she will lose votes for county executive as well if she tries to get re-elected.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She is term limited for Co. Exec. this is her last term, that's why she is running for congress.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
If Maggie wants any kind of NRA or pro-gun group endorsement - she will see to it that her lackeys (the GOP majority on the county leg) will allow firearms in county parks.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If Maggie wants any kind of NRA or pro-gun group endorsement - she will see to it that her lackeys (the GOP majority on the county leg) will allow firearms in county parks.
Actually she told me to my face that Bill Reilich is the one to make that decision. Maggie is trying to place the blame on someone else. Don't trust the NRA to do the right thing here, they are so focused on being able to say they helped defeat a Dem that they would endorse any republican against Slaughter. When I called NRA headquarters today about this they basically blew me off by saying they haven't really looked at any NY races yet. If you believe that then I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Ken Mathison
Monroe Co. SCOPE

1 - 8 of 8 Posts