New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm reading through some posts on Nyfirearms.com in regards to Monroe county pistol permits.....Some people are getting their permit in the mail in as little as 2 months this year, while others have been waiting over 15 moths and have not heard anything back. That seems strange. I hope I don't have to wait 15 months. I don't think that I can accurately describe how exited I am about getting my CCP. The only thing that I can think to compare it to is being 5 years old on Christmas eve. It's like christmas, the 4th of July, my birthday, and getting off my shift at work all rolled into one event. The difference is when you wake up in the morning its not December 25th, its June 25th. You still have to wait another 6 months....Sad face right? I think maybe that this feeling has been compounded by 6+ years of procrastination on my part. The best piece of advise I have been given is to forget about it completely, but how would I do that exactly... it's going to be a long summer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would also advise you not to look at pistols, it only makes the wait even longer and worst. I mean, i'm all for gaining as much knowledge as you can and learning about whats out there, but there is only so much you can do. It will come, just hope and pray that you get it and not get denied!! That would be a serious case of blue balls.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts