New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone get their permit recently in the suburbs of Monroe County? Trying to see how much longer I am looking at. So far it has been with the sheriff for 8 months.

Submitted October 28th, 2013
References called May 13th, 2014

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Believe what you want, but that's the time frame you're looking at. It doesn't spend all that time on the judgr's desk. The county sheriff gets it for a while as well.
No need to get upset brother. We are all on here for the same reason. If you re-read what I posted though, I confirmed it has been with the sheriff for 8 months and my background checks were completed on May 13th. The Sergeant signed it, and last I knew it was on the Captain's desk. I can't believe the sheriff would need 2 more months after they did my background.

Again, just trying to get a time frame on when I should expect to see something. I see you're in Fairport also. How long did yours take and when did you submit?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I would hope you get yours soon. I submitted my application in December 2012, after the newtown shooting when everyone and their brother was applying. I got to the county clerk's office right at opening and within 5 minutes the line was out the door into the hallway. Despite that I receive my permit in late June of 2013. Not sure why mine seemed to be relatively quicker but hopefully it won't take much longer for you.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Anyone get their permit recently in the suburbs of Monroe County? Trying to see how much longer I am looking at. So far it has been with the sheriff for 8 months.

Submitted October 28th, 2013
References called May 13th, 2014
just got my permit on the 2nd. submitted march 12th of 2013. 1 year 3 months 21 days. sheriff had it until march 5th, 2014. references were called in december. they take their sweet time,

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
I was 9 months 11 days. Submitted 1-14-13 (the day before SAFE passed) Had permit in hand 10-25-13. References were called the first week of June.

·
Registered
I'm an armorer... ish
226 Posts
I was 9 months 11 days. Submitted 1-14-13 (the day before SAFE passed) Had permit in hand 10-25-13. References were called the first week of June.
My brother in law had a similar time line. Sent his app in early January and he got his permit in mid November of '13. Ref's called in July and got his approval letter from the judge in October. I put my app in 5 months after him and I'm still waiting. Finally had ref called just last week.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I'll be six months in September. Boy are they going to get tired of my messages and phone calls, oh and maybe some emails too. I know there is no chance they've done ANYTHING with my application yet.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I'll be six months in September. Boy are they going to get tired of my messages and phone calls, oh and maybe some emails too. I know there is no chance they've done ANYTHING with my application yet.
I feel for ya but I'm pretty sure the Clerk's website says don't even bother calling until 8 months (at a minimum).

1 - 20 of 142 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.