New York Firearms Forum banner

Would you attend a rally in Rochester, NY?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
With the recent announcement of Mayor Richards & Monroe County supporting the SAFE act, I was thinking that we should do a rally in Rochester. Could SCOPE or NYSRPA get involved? I know we couldn't get 10,000 people involved, but if we planned it like 3 weeks out--I think we would be able to at least get 1,500 people involved (if not more). I wouldn't know how to get this organized or started, but we should really think about it!

I think the SCOPE guy on here is named Ken--does anyone know him? This would be a great idea!
Good Luck buddy..mostly liberals in rochester.
Some who don't even want hunters to have a semi-automatic shotgun.(long story)

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
When he says "Rochester" rally I doubt he thought city residents. I am sure this is targeted at Monroe and the surrounding counties.

·
Registered
144 Posts
With the recent announcement of Mayor Richards & Monroe County supporting the SAFE act, I was thinking that we should do a rally in Rochester. Could SCOPE or NYSRPA get involved? I know we couldn't get 10,000 people involved, but if we planned it like 3 weeks out--I think we would be able to at least get 1,500 people involved (if not more). I wouldn't know how to get this organized or started, but we should really think about it!

I think the SCOPE guy on here is named Ken--does anyone know him? This would be a great idea!
WTF? The mayor and the county said they support the safe act????

·
I proposed in my NYFirearms.com t-shirt
1,647 Posts
This seems like a no brainer, we need to do this!!

·
I proposed in my NYFirearms.com t-shirt
1,647 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
I just read the press release. Absolutely disgusting. Does the spineless nitwit have a Facebook page that needs a little attention?

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Still from Rochester and I would try my hardest to be there if this happened.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Why do we call these rallies instead of protests? I hear rally and I think pep rally, like in school, to get everyone excited about something. Aren't we getting together to protest the law and those who support it?

I dunno....semantics I suppose...rally or protest I'll be there.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I'm in, I live in Orleans but work in Monroe... easy for me to show up within an hour...

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When he says "Rochester" rally I doubt he thought city residents. I am sure this is targeted at Monroe and the surrounding counties.
Sorry if I confused anyone, I automatically assume Monroe County with Rochester. I'll change the title.

·
Registered
435 Posts
What do we need to look into?

Location?
Permit?
Mic/speaker system?
People to speak?
Flyers?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts