New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The May meeting of the Monroe County Legislature was sparsely attended by gun owners but they were enthusiastic with applause for the pro gun speakers.

The legislature will be meeting again on JUNE 12 6PM 4TH FLOOR of the county office building Main St Rochester.

IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT WE HAVE A LARGE TURNOUT FOR THIS MEETING. With the hundreds of hits we had on the alert for the May meeting we should have had a much larger turnout.

There is a small handful of Republican legislators that are wavering in support of changing the parks law to allow concealed carry, those are the ones that need to be impressed by a large turnout of gun owners.

Please make every effort to be there and spread the word for others to attend.

I will post a reminder a couple of days prior to the event.

Thanks
Ken Mathison
Monroe County SCOPE

·
I proposed in my NYFirearms.com t-shirt
1,647 Posts
i'll be able to attend this one. I will also pass on the word! Thanks for letting us know..

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
I will be at this one. I'm already spreading the word and trying to get some other people from this site and other friends to come with me.

I am also going to write my legislator and tell him to vote to change the law.

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
Is there a way to find out who your legislator is for the county? There is an online way for the state legislators, but I couldn't seem to find one for the county. I moved a while back, but have no idea who my local legislator is.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Is there a way to find out who your legislator is for the county? There is an online way for the state legislators, but I couldn't seem to find one for the county. I moved a while back, but have no idea who my local legislator is.
I found all of this info online today. I was planning on making a post linking to where to find out and where to get your reps email address.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
For anyone else looking for their legislator....

Use the link posted here by jmh8071. Once you see your info there is a section called "District information:". Beneath that it will say "Legislative:" with a number after it. That number is your legislative district.

Go to this link and find the legislator corresponding to your district number:
2012 Legislators | Monroe County, NY

If you click on your legislator's name it will bring you to their bio which has a link to their email near the top of it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts