New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, now that I have stopped laughing, I realized she is dead serious. My mom is 84, deeply religious, totally with it, leads a very active life (tutors children who have trouble reading, teaches religious education, runs senior's to doctor's appointments, etc.) She is fiercely independent, has been a widow since 1962. (Dad died at 38) She is up on world events, very conservative, cannot stand obummer, Cuomo, etc. She heard that ISIS said they would be putting their flag on the White House, and they are "coming here". She has thought long and hard, and wants a gun. She said just a "small gun", and would feel better having one in her bedroom. I feel awful that I broke her balls as she is DEAD serious. I told her I would help her along in the process, but still can't help thinking how funny this is......LOL

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
LOL. Talk her into cross registering.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
The two oldest people in my church in NY were women and permit holders. One is probably 87 and the other now has to be about 90. Both very capable I would say. Irecommend a Sig P238. Small and easy to handle, even those with limitations to their hands.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
This

Attachments

·
Registered
891 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd like to click the like button 10 times! Tell her to join this forum and blackpowdershooter will relinquish his avatar to her.
I'd tell her to join, but if she stumbled on Gunner's Cigar bar......well, it wouldn't be a good thing......LOL

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
If she joins I will give up my avatar to her

·
Registered
630 Posts
That's awesome! I was proud of my Mom when she got her CCW earlier this year.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
A cop pulls over a little old lady for failing to use her signal changing lanes, Asks for license and registration. Along with that she mistakenly give's him her piston license! He say's ma'am I see you have a pistol license are you carrying anything now? She says yes I have a 380 in my purse! Really he says! Anything else? Oh just a 9mm in the console! Well is that all? No I also have a 38 special in the glove box! He then asks ma'am what are you afraid of? She replies not a F'ing thing SONNY!! Good for your Mom

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A cop pulls over a little old lady for failing to use her signal changing lanes, Asks for license and registration. Along with that she mistakenly give's him her piston license! He say's ma'am I see you have a pistol license are you carrying anything now? She says yes I have a 380 in my purse! Really he says! Anything else? Oh just a 9mm in the console! Well is that all? No I also have a 38 special in the glove box! He then asks ma'am what are you afraid of? She replies not a F'ing thing SONNY!! Good for your Mom
You don't know how close to home this hit.......she's a maniac behind the wheel, heavy foot, drives like she owns the road......when our kids were little we'd cringe if we knew she had to drive them somewhere........LMAO

1 - 18 of 18 Posts