1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Better get it before congress outlaws body armore for us mere surfs.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Good to go as long as your no felon..

New York - Body Armor Law
In New York, any adult can purchase and use a bulletproof vest, unless that adult has been convicted of a felony. Bulletproof vests and all other body armor can be purchased online or face-to-face.

Section 270.20 Unlawful Wearing of a Bullet Proof Vest

A person is guilty of the unlawful wearing of a body vest when acting either alone or with one or more other persons he commits any violent felony offense defined in section 70.02 while possessing a firearm, rifle or shotgun and in the course of and in furtherance of such crime he wears a body vest. The unlawful wearing of a vest is a class E felony.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Body armour is on my short list, maybe with that money the state is gonna give me ill get a set.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Buy new. There is a lot of used Israeli stuff out there. You don't know how old these are. Kevlar has a shelf life. If you can get one that has space for trauma plates that's good. I believe the plates are forever.
I got mine from a company in Ohio called Force One. The make your vest when you order it. Takes about 4-6 weeks.

Also if you get plates make sure the are protected from spalling.(should be coated)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts