New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot my friends mini 14 the other day and I liked it. Very accurate (with a scope) not a lot of kick. How does that compare to a mini 30 in th e7.62 x 39? Thoughts?? Opinions?

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
I heard its like comparing a 223 to a 30-30,so a fast flat long range shooter to a slower more punch gun.Not sure exactly,but im the first to try to help LOL!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I love my mini-30 not the most accurate thing, but it did help me drop two deer in 2008.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I can only offer input on the Mini-14; I have a Pre-Ban 182 series and loooove it. My M4's are my favorite guns to shoot, but right now the Mini is a close 2nd. I'd almost prefer it as my go-to gun, if the mags were as easy to insert as they are on the AR15 platform.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Alot of people like the mini 30 because of cheap ammo.... Thos days are over... Its a toss up.... Either is a fine rifle but not a sharpshooter as the barrels tend to throw shots once they heat up..

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I have owned both and both are marginal at best......Good plinkers,but that's about it...

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
If you embrace a Mini for what it truly is - a super reliable, accuate "enough" rifle - then you'll be more than happy with it. If you pick one up expecting a tack-driver at 200yds, well...you're pretty much doomed from the start.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts