New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a deposit down on a mint Mini-14 factory folder. It appears unfired and mint. 184 series. I am awaiting the serial # history from ruger to confirm its a true factory folder. It all looks correct but for piece of mind I contacted ruger and they will send a document for future proof.

Looks just like this. Any ideas on pricing for this? I know I probably paid on the retail side of things on it, but want to see what you guys think its worth.

Line Air gun Gun barrel Everyday carry Trigger

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whats wierd is on some sites they state the blue in these series are more sought after. Thats somebody just commenting on a board though.

Original Folding Stock Mini 14 : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com This guy mentions blue is rarer then stainless, but I havent found fact to it.

some reasons I heard were the blued barrels were actually more labor intensive to blue and polish over the stainless. the blue is better in cold weather and less apt to split.

I have heard the stock alone is going $600 on Gunbroker. its more sought after then the gun itself. The nice thing with the older series are they are the exact same gun as AC556 minus the NFA parts of course.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Whats wierd is on some sites they state the blue in these series are more sought after. Thats somebody just commenting on a board though.

Original Folding Stock Mini 14 : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com This guy mentions blue is rarer then stainless, but I havent found fact to it.

some reasons I heard were the blued barrels were actually more labor intensive to blue and polish over the stainless. the blue is better in cold weather and less apt to split.

I have heard the stock alone is going $600 on Gunbroker. its more sought after then the gun itself. The nice thing with the older series are they are the exact same gun as AC556 minus the NFA parts of course.
Just because someone wants $600 doesn't mean they will get it

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
800 seems about right for one in photo
if it was the crome you could be looking at 1200 to 1400 because of the ateam fans out there (like me)

im looking for a mini 30 myself and the prices keep rising on them!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Older Buddy at work has the chrome never fired, been buggin him for yrs. Hoping I can find his sweet spot someday and he bites

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The one pictured is also a full GB model. it was marketed towards LEO/Military with the flash hider, hicap and the bayo lug. Most of the ones I see for sale are factory neutered especially the SS ones.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I heard that about Ruger as well,not taking any more orders......But I heard it was only on certain models ?? People are afraid of 4 more years of you know who,and are buying up semi-auto weapons and ammo at a record pace ! The gun makers and ammo companies are riding high right now for sure...! Don't you wish you had a case of new rifles laying around sometimes ?? :)

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pefectunion is great! Ruger is great with the info on their guns. Very quick response.

A couple things I found about the Mini-14s is in NJ the stainless version is listed as illegal in there AWB, and the ranch version folder. They do not list the regular folder or the GB gov model with all the evil features. I guess stainless is DANGEROUS!

CT specifically lists the Mini-14 folder as illegal regardless of model or color. I am surprised NY did not ban this evil weapon as well :wacko:. From what I am reading CT lists it due to its ease of conversion to full auto and the pistol grip. CT seems liberal in some ways and strict in wierd other ways.

gun laws and politicians handles laws the same way. its just how they interpret them LOLOLOL

·
Registered
108 Posts
I paid $925 for my blued mini14 folder about 3 years ago. I haven't seen a mint one go for less than that and would not sell mine for what I paid. I have also noticed the Stainless ones are slightly easier to find. Also it is much harder to find a mint blued one because they rust and stainless is weather friendly ;)
Do you plan on shooting it or is it a collector?

·
Registered
380 Posts
I just paid $1080 on gb for a new one like in the picture. They had others on there that also sold for over 1k. I think $800 is a low estimate.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
the stocks go for $300-$450. i've watched them sporadically for about six months. not sure if upgrading my preban 184-series to the factory folder configuration is worth that kinda dough just so i can look like a member of the A-team, but maybe someday. i've seen the complete package go for just under a grand, as someone else here said. good luck.

·
Registered
530 Posts
At the last show I attended a guy downsizing his collection had 2, both factory folders oen was a 184 series I think and the other was newer. Both in VG+ shape, was told they were ex PD traded in 15 years ago. Anyway he was asking $850 each and they were still their when I went back on Sun for more ammo.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts