New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a mini 14 last week, it was a police trade in from VA that I had shipped up here. when I shot it, after barrel heated up, it started vertical stringing of the groups. they started going lower & lower from the bullseye. got & installed the accustrut & it solved the problem. made the barrel much stiffer & all shots stay where they should.too bad ruger didn't use a stiffer barrel in the first place, even if it weighed a little more.I never had any other gun that did this....

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I gotta admit I was skeptical as well but it really works it's definitely worth the price. The only issue I have is the additional weight it adds but it's a small price to pay.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Are you using a scope with the mini?

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I have a new mini and have no problems with stringing. Barrel heats up and accuracy stays where I set the scope. No problems here.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
I own a mini with the 580 barrel and it is a great gun, one of my favorite. Mini's are what they are and you could go on forever discussing them which says a lot for their popularity. I like mine.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
its a 580 series. at 25 yards, once that barrel got hot, the rounds kept going lower & lower. for this to solve the problem, I think for 95.00 its so well worth it. ive never had a gun do this ever before & it is the most annoying thing I ever saw. I really don't notice any extra weight. I got the solid one not the one with holes,because I wanted the most rigid setup for it. the groups also shrunk,now rounds are touching each other. I know its only 25 yards, but this gun was never meant to be a target gun. too bad ruger just didn't make stiffer barrels from the beginning, it would be worth the exta weight...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts